Bollinger band on Dow with MA

sandeepd

2 0
Hello every one,

I have recently started trading and have tested some ideas of trading with Bollinger bands on Dow with reasonable sucess.
I use MA to indicate to close the position.
I was wondering if anybody out there has done similiar trades and have done succeed doing it well.

I wanted to get some expert opinions before I take the plow with some real money on this idea.

Regards

Sandeep :)

FTSE Beater

Experienced member
1,518 4
Hi Sandeep

Although I haven't used Bollinger bands or MA's on the Dow, I've used them on stocks - and you have to be careful. Just because the price falls outside one band - it doesn't mean that a reversal will happen soon.

As with all indicators, how your using them will determine the end result

HTH :)

esiotrot

157 0
Hi Sandeep

Like FB I do not use Bollingers for the DOW but have used them for stocks and FTSE.

Like all indicators: sometimes they work - sometimes they don't . Or to be more precise - sometimes they are USEFUL sometimes not.

I use them in a couple of ways:

When they narrow look for an increase in volatility - then follow them when they go up/down at around 45 degress.

Watch them "cling and swing"

Look for outside/inside signals indicating a swing to the opposite band.

A normal BB utilises the 20ma so by using either 10(say) or 50ma you could look for crosses.

BTW - after trading stocks and Options for ages I am just starting to look at the DOW, so let us hear how you get on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock