BoE Interest rate decison

rom1

There seems to be a high probability that the UK will raise interest rates at tomorrows BoE meeting. What might the different outcomes mean for GBP?

In particular, what does it mean if rates are held? Would we expect GBP to react bullishly to this?

and has a .25% cut already been priced in?

Thanks

There seems to be a high probability that the UK will raise interest rates at tomorrows BoE meeting. What might the different outcomes mean for GBP?

In particular, what does it mean if rates are held? Would we expect GBP to react bullishly to this?

and has a .25% cut already been priced in?

Thanks

You meant "cut" right??

I think Mark C. said that July and Aug should be seen as one action.

The Threadneedle Street's latest forecasts for economic growth, jobs, wages and prices are due in August.

It could be he announces measures on bank lending or QE today, leaving rates until Aug perhaps.
He may not want a big drop on the pound without further data. The markets are apparently working on a 78% chance of a rate cut this afternoon. So if this does not happen there could be a reaction.

That's my two pence worth.
Any one else got any thoughts?

Thanks.

Btw. I obviously made a typo in my first message. There is of course an expected rate cut (not rise::oops:)

Mark waits for more data before taking action. Its still unclear what's medium term impact of the Brexit on UK economy as Premier May said she will initiate formal procedure only in 2017.