Bob Volman Price Action Scalping

• All members of T2W are welcome to come along to our quarterly social meet-up, this Saturday 22nd June, at the Clachan Pub in Central London.
    Find out more.

fpastrader

20 1
Hi Vsliner,

The two technically valid trades are shown by the green arrows, the two non-trades are shown with the red line.

The first trade was just a simple mistake, entering the trade without checking how big the SL was going to be. The SL was too long for a pre-EU trade, the EMA needs to literally push the bars out the range for low volume periods.

The second trade is just a standard IRB trade to the top of the range, my issue was I lost confidence on the first trade and decided to play conservative and didn't take this. When it moved exactly as expected my frustration increased.

The third trade was a standard BB, the market was moving fast so there was no time for hesitation, after my two earlier mistakes naturally I hesitated and missed it.

The fourth trade, red line again, was a pullback BB. After missing the previous BB was determined not to get left behind again - however I do not trade this type of BB, ever. I think they are prone to fake signals. Obviously, with a total lack of experience this trade was always doomed to fail. This was a mistake entirely emotionally based.

I ended up spending the rest of the day, late into the evening, studying previous trades.

alexthefrench

11 0
Hello guys,

I've read the forum today for a couple pages, and found that fpastrader said he only trades some patterns.

I thought to focus on the Double Doji and Block Break pattern , do some of you like to trade it ? Or is it not the highest probability setup?

These two patterns would give me trades in both market conditions.

I also tend to think that trading less is trading better, and would become a master at just some patterns.

again, wish to discuss with you soon on this method.

your friend,
Alex.

fpastrader

20 1
I would learn the RB, then the ARB and then BB. The IRB is very advanced compared to these, that's because the IRB incorporates other market clues into the set up, there is a huge amount more to consider. I got burned twice in a row trying to do these yesterday even though I thought I had them nailed.

The SB and FB I would personally advise to avoid them until you can do the first three with confidence. Even Bob rarely trades those and still picks up 20+ trades a month.

Once you read the book start studying his charts so if someone says "BB" etc the perfect one appears in your mind like a photograph.

Last edited:

alexthefrench

11 0
Thanks fpastrader for your answer, and congratulations for being a profitable trader with these setups.

They seem hard to master.

EDIT : I've made a mistake, and been studying the Block break setup first. It is not so easy, lots of small things to take into consideration.
I think I have the setup in mind, within the configuration, but all the things Volman said on illustrating the charts in the book are so numerous I can't see how to link everything together.

Last edited:

alligators

6 0
Is it a valid trade ??

Hello traders,
Does it qualify as a valid trade ? I didn't took the trade, didn't feel the EMA was correctly squeezed. Just need opinion of traders who are trading the Bob's techniques.

Attachments

hatırlaa

3 0
I could not really see what you traded here. Could you specify entry sl and tp points? Also may i ask what this charting platform is?

alligators

6 0
Yes I should have labeled the chart. BTW I didn't took the trade.Would I have taken the trade, this is what I would have done. (10 PIPS rule). Trading platform is JFOREX.

Attachments

hatırlaa

3 0
Yes I should have labeled the chart. BTW I didn't took the trade.Would I have taken the trade, this is what I would have done. (10 PIPS rule). Trading platform is JFOREX.
You seem traded an IRB trade but since its not pip chart its a bit hard to see for me. Can you change it to 5 digit candles? Whats your experience with JFOREX?

poLr

1 0
yo dawggie...stop your yapping and set aside your freshman copy of plato's dialogues and your pseudo-socratic attempts at logical arguments. the more you yap the more difficult it becomes to feel sympathetic towards your failure to succeed. don't blame volman for your failures, blame yourself. what, you expected to skim a book and become profitable right out? lol, you are embarrassing yourself.

sc0ttmazzy

1 0
Has anybody recently tried using MT4 to get it to have ticks as an option? From what I've read it is quite a challenge to set it up and then you have to leave your computer running all the time otherwise the tick history needs to be fully refreshed every time you start up MT4.

There must be an easier way to get a platform that has a tick chart feed. Any suggestions?