Bitcoin - online fad or the future?

Sonicscooter

Experienced member
1,811 350
bitcoins are for children at Christmas, or am i getting confused with those chocolate coins people hang on the tree......... :LOL:

Reactions: Atilla

tar

Legendary member
10,441 1,309
Just another penny stock ...
Transactions processing pain in the xx and not practical ...

fxstrategist

Established member
585 15
Bitcoin

I think that we are still a long way to go before we see something like Bitcoin really taking hold. For now I will just stay on the sidelines and see what happens with the electronic currency.

Pat494

Legendary member
13,645 1,358
Bitcoin etc. offer great opportunities for the cyber criminals to print their own imho

Pat494

Legendary member
13,645 1,358
Surely the great weakness of the bitcoins is that they have no tangible collateral/backup in tangible goods like property ? Currencies through the millennia always up until recently were backed up by gold and silver.

Would you make over your house to someone offering virtual currency ? Well I wouldn't !!

Fantasy land stuff imho

sassoso

7 0
Surely the great weakness of the bitcoins is that they have no tangible collateral/backup in tangible goods like property ? Currencies through the millennia always up until recently were backed up by gold and silver.

Would you make over your house to someone offering virtual currency ? Well I wouldn't !!

Fantasy land stuff imho
---------
as you say it yourself today's currencies aren't backed by anything and, shall i add can be created out of thin air
crypto curencies address this issue since there is a finite amount of them and each transaction is verified within the peer network.
In that sense, crypto-currencies might be more reliable than fiat money.

Pat494

Legendary member
13,645 1,358
Just smoke and mirrors again from the conmen imho. Now you see it and then its gone ! And into, guess who's pocket it neatly drops into !! Or am I imagining it ?

Much the same as all those billions of QE !

DitterPD

177 6
So what is the current situation with the Bitcoins? I honestly lost the track of it.