Bitcoin Going Nuts

Not relevant to trading to it.

When it comes to a pyramid scheme i wouldnt ask why .. same goes for penny stocks , i wouldnt ask why a penny stock surged 300% overnight cuz the answer is irrelevant ...

:rolleyes: Do you have other explanation?

When it comes to a pyramid scheme i wouldnt ask why .. same goes for penny stocks , i wouldnt ask why a penny stock surged 300% overnight cuz the answer is irrelevant ...

No, I haven't Lapidus, it was a genuine question, I have no clever answer. I think tar is on the right track here though.

My trading system has stayed the same for years now. Before I settled on my style I made sure it tested well on randomly generated charts.

So I lean towards the idea of reasons being irrelevant. But it is still damn interesting, why things take off. How much of it is random? How much of it is pyramiding in a thin market, or psychology? Just really interesting.

Because my trading is back tested on randomly generated charts I am particularly interested by something that is seemingly as arcane and aimless as bitcoin.

The sudden rally of bitcoin could well be something to do with the " blockchain " development, there was a interesting article on the radio the other week regarding blockchain's..I dont fully understand how they work but apparently its the new" big thing"..

Not wanting to get left behind, its got the attention of some of the worlds major banks signing up too, Heres a link explaining it a little more...

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/article...nitiative-grows-to-banks-worldwide-1443553081

I did also read that the us government is selling off a large quantity of bitcoins which were seized by the FBI when they busted "silk road 2.0 " ( Online drug dealing site ) This also may of triggered a bullish rally on the stock..

I did also read that the us government is selling off a large quantity of bitcoins which were seized by the FBI when they busted "silk road 2.0 " ( Online drug dealing site ) This also may of triggered a bullish rally on the stock..

But shouldnt that trigger a bearish reaction ... ?

But shouldnt that trigger a bearish reaction ... ?
One would think so, but putting the stock in the public eye and also the government selling it may bring in investor's that would never concider the stock before, I personally wouldn't touch a synthetic made-up stock , it has all the hallmarks of the dreaded "colatrolised debt obligation" (cdo) that brought the financial crisis a few years back.

Just for context on where price is.

Attachments

• btcusd-daily.png
    btcusd-daily.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 693
  • btcusd-weekly.png
    btcusd-weekly.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 619
One would think so, but putting the stock in the public eye and also the government selling it may bring in investor's that would never concider the stock before, I personally wouldn't touch a synthetic made-up stock , it has all the hallmarks of the dreaded "colatrolised debt obligation" (cdo) that brought the financial crisis a few years back.

Its not a stock its a currency :p

The first bitcoin debit-card system is now in use: http://www.wired.com/2015/11/coinbase-unveils-countrys-first-bitcoin-debit-card

According to Coinbase, the card has been approved for use by anyone living in one of 25 US states. "At the end of the day, what we’re trying to do is make bitcoin easy to use," says Coinbase vice president of business development and strategy Adam White. "We want to make it easy to buy and sell bitcoin, and we want to make it easy to spend. A mainstream debit card based on bitcoin is a key element."