Beware of Intertraders spreads around rollover

brettus

Experienced member
I had a dodgy fill around rollover time, where Intertrader filled my order 10 ticks below any price seen on any other broker. The lowest I could find was 1.32351.

As you can see the price went 23.5 ticks wide and filled my stop loss order. Typical broker practice is to not fill orders around the rollover time as it tends to lead a lot of inquiries including mine. Either way if this was any other broker, my stop wouldn't have been filled. The response I received was pretty ridiculous to say the least. Especially the part about 23.5 tick spreads somehow benefiting the client time to time. Please explain that one..Response from Intertrader below.

Thank you for your email!

We value our customers and we are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with our execution.

We can only confirm that the spread during the day stays stable (between 0.4 and 0.7 pips during most of the time) and during roll over time widens significantly (sometimes around 30 pips and this happens for a few seconds) and this has been like that for quite a while.

As requested, below you can see the Bid/Ask levels which triggered the SL levels of your 4 trades.

In addition, we have followed up with our Liquidity Providers to check whether these prices were sent to us correctly but based on past experience we believe that these fills were genuine and the reason for the wide spread was the rollover time.

As stated before, sometimes this scenario can work in client’s favour if for example the wide spread triggers a TP level and then the market turns against the client.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Regards,
InterTrader Team
+44 (0)20 3364 5189
www.intertrader.com

Attachments

• image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 317
Shady behaviour. Does anyone else reading this know of another broker where this happens?

I’d take a bet that this spread widening NEVER works in a traders favour.

Shady behaviour. Does anyone else reading this know of another broker where this happens?

I’d take a bet that this spread widening NEVER works in a traders favour.

Well in majority of cases. Some brokers pay you in case of positive slippage it's rare but I personally made additional money from this so its not a myth