BetOnMarkets selling our contact details to junk mailers

notouch

I keep getting junk mail from Vince Stanzione and Michael Hein with "exclusive invites" to make a "fortune" and other such nonsense. It could only have been BetOnMarkets that sold these scammers my contact details. Thanks a lot BetOnMarkets - you'll never have my custom again.

Anyone know how to get off the mailing list of these clowns?

I keep getting junk mail from Vince Stanzione and Michael Hein with "exclusive invites" to make a "fortune" and other such nonsense. It could only have been BetOnMarkets that sold these scammers my contact details. Thanks a lot BetOnMarkets - you'll never have my custom again.

Yes, I've only just started getting this junk since opening an account with BOM.

I too get this garbage.
pity their marekting pitches arent printed on soft, triple-ply, aloe-vera enriched, neatly perforated, absorbent paper.

Yes, I've only just started getting this junk since opening an account with BOM.

Here is an extract from their (BOM) privacy policy - guess we should have all read it more carefully - I believe VS is a shareholder and therefore probably counts as a "business associate" -

..."We may also transfer such personal data to any company within the group or any of our business associates"..

I actually find some of the garbage rather amusing - if incredible.

It could only have been BetOnMarkets that sold these scammers my contact details

VS is very closely involved with BOM so there is no surprise that you are getting this but unacceptable all the same.

Paul

VS is very closely involved with BOM so there is no surprise that you are getting this but unacceptable all the same.

Paul

Yes I noticed a lot of his adverts appear on the site. I've even seen his user id in the "top 10" so to speak. However if they represented value for money I could get over this but BOM is such an expensive way to trade. You only need to get quotes for 2 equal but opposite bets to see how wide their spreads are.

Here is an extract from their (BOM) privacy policy - guess we should have all read it more carefully - I believe VS is a shareholder and therefore probably counts as a "business associate" -

..."We may also transfer such personal data to any company within the group or any of our business associates"..

I actually find some of the garbage rather amusing - if incredible.

I'm sure it's illegal to send junk mail without a return address which is what these clowns are doing.

I'm sure it's illegal to send junk mail without a return address which is what these clowns are doing.

The two offerings which landed my way this morning both had pre-paid envelopes so I might just send them back empty. One was from Hugo Lawrence being a trading system that costs £1,970 - it must be good!!

Dunno about not having a return address making it illegal. As I understand it, what is illegal is not having an opt-in when signing up online to receive email marketing material. Many companies are not aware of this. In other words, you agree to receive email ads, rather than request not to receive email ads. So if a company hasn't asked if you would like to opt-in to receive marketing info by email then they MUST assume that you do not want to.

WRT old media, anything goes. :rolleyes: (Ok, it is assumed that you are opt-in unless you tick the opt-out box. And if there is no opt-out box, then irrespective of the small print, the company mark you as opted-out. And they should sack their marketing person for not collating data properly.)

In detail:
http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/privacy_and_electronic/introductory/rules_~1.pdf