Best way to trade ftse??

jabar2

Hi, can someone tell me what is the best way to trade ftse index ?? I'm currently with Ig markets but after short time I'v noticed already that they are a bucket shop so I want to change broker and want to trade the ftse without any stress that the broker will play some dirty games on me. I'm making 2-3 trades a day, one contract (10gbp a point) each time, but in future I'd like to increase the size and keep my positions for couple of days as well. Should I go with futures?

the price feed from ig is based on the fiutures contract.it nearly mimics it.they dont alter the price feed .ie to take out stops.this would be illegal,and there is business is too big to take the risk
sounds like you should trade futures contract thru interactive brokers

Thanks for your reply. I tried IB demo some time ago and didn't like it, also they did not reply to my emails so I won't be using them.
U are right about the prices but if the platform freezes when u want to take a profit and then u can't login again, that's a different thing. After that, I called to close my position and had an interesting conversation which indicated for me that it's a bucket shop.
What's the spread and commissions when trading ftse futures??

ftse futures.i think it is 1 point spread plus comission
ig have a phone app/mobile dealer.nice and easy to run a trade from it.some positions i run whilst drinking coffee in my local pret a manger

You should try Capital Spreads, I have been with them more than a year trading the FTSE, and never had the slightest problem. Also their customer service is excellent.

Would people say trading the Ftse through a spreadbetting firm is now just as easy as trading through a futures market?? Same for Eurstoxx as the spreads are pretty tight nowadays..

ftse futures.i think it is 1 point spread plus comission
ig have a phone app/mobile dealer.nice and easy to run a trade from it.some positions i run whilst drinking coffee in my local pret a manger

Agreed - I've never had any real issues of probity with IG. Any rare technical problems are resolved amicably by telephone.(y)

Pret a manger is for posh folks like Dentist though:)

Hi, can someone tell me what is the best way to trade ftse index ?? I'm currently with Ig markets but after short time I'v noticed already that they are a bucket shop so I want to change broker and want to trade the ftse without any stress that the broker will play some dirty games on me. I'm making 2-3 trades a day, one contract (10gbp a point) each time, but in future I'd like to increase the size and keep my positions for couple of days as well. Should I go with futures?

Can you afford 10 pounds per contract? Ask yourself that question and if the answer is "no" do not go to a broker, but find an SB firm that allows lower stakes.

If you want my honest opinion, I do not think that IG are any dirtier than anyone else, but that is your affair. You may find other platforms easier, though. I have traded with both broker and SB and, in general, find SB companies as good as brokers and cheaper, because of the stake size ie, broker minimum 1 contract.