Best Technical indicator tools in trading

Pat494

Legendary member
14,617 1,581
I suggest that people starting out get themselves a FREE demo MT4 forex account. These come with all the major indicators and many more.
Practice practice and some more ............

Mark2m

4 0
Appreciate, although have started with Forex.com . I am unfamiliar with MT4 although my experience over the past 12 years is with IB. My understanding is FX.com is more apt to handhold a newbie as IB would and possibly MT4? Having 5 accounts with IB I know that the customer support for the platform isn't very good, since they expect you to be knowledgeable, although price and execution cannot be understated.

victoriajensen

Established member
648 10
I have been using Bollinger Bands and Moving Average in combination with Japanese candlestick analysis for years and I am quite pleased with the results.

alexaherself

Established member
560 149
Thank you Alexa, I am well aware the 26 days is a problem, unfortunately all the research has been developed for the Japanese month. No idea what would happen without Saturday.

There hasn't been trading, even in Japan, on Saturdays for some decades, now. All you need to do is to adjust the settings accordingly. Many people are now using 7/22/44 rather than 9/26/52 as their standard Ichimoku settings on daily charts. If using intraday charts of 15 minutes, or whatever, those settings - naturally enough - aren't at all relevant anyway.

it looks at least than I can utilize the 26/9 period with 3/5/15 minute charts.

Please excuse the comment "Rather you than I". Sorry, Mark, but this simply makes no sense to me, at all. :eek: :|

If trying to use the Ichimoku indicator-complex on intraday forex charts, I strongly recommend you to set the Senkou Span A/B (for "kumo" formation) to different settings from those used for the Tenkan Sen, Kijun Sen and Chickou Span. If that's difficult to do, on your platform, you can normally get round it simply by setting up two simultaneous Ichimoku displays of different periodicities, making the components of each that you don't want to see the same colour as the background, so that they effectively "disappear". ;)

Mark2m

4 0
Thank you, I will put the 7/22/44 info next to my 9/26 charts and view. My information on Ichimoku is mainly from bits and pcs in you tube, plus kumotrader.com has complete info and a few trading strategies, never a mention of 7/22/44 period, and as you stated no real difference in smaller time frame.

Ganesh FXAM

17 1
Hi all i am a newbie , Trying to the learn/ understand the concepts of technical indicators in trading :

i recently came across Bollinger bands? has anyone used them ? are there any good alternatives ?

Thanks

Hello me too from INDIA

You can send me your contact in a private message here

So i can help you on this Regard,i found that you are Newbie so its better to contact personally.

Last edited:

Ganesh FXAM

17 1
Hi all i am a newbie , Trying to the learn/ understand the concepts of technical indicators in trading :

i recently came across Bollinger bands? has anyone used them ? are there any good alternatives ?

Thanks

More over I suggest you " There are many indicators. I guess it mainly depends on your trading style, scalping, day trading, swing etc. Moving Averages, Bolligner Bands, MACD, RSI, CCI, Stochastic " on your MT4 Platform

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock