Best shorting opportunity...

cabrito

i think the prize goes to Lloyds bank....
best short that ive come across in years.......

FetteredChinos said:
now theres a mental image..

spoons instead of shovels?

dunno...hmmm may have to get a JCB once we have sub 10k dow...cant wait..

how's it idown there in fraggle rock?.those dens sure looked cosy.

Anyone watchting NLR? Opened my first ever short yesterday. Was long before, but the chart started looking terrible. Long term uptrend line is at about 450p, but at the rate this is going it could well pass straight through that.

Any thoughts?

senyorqueso said:
Anyone watchting NLR? Opened my first ever short yesterday. Was long before, but the chart started looking terrible. Long term uptrend line is at about 450p, but at the rate this is going it could well pass straight through that.

Any thoughts?

HMMM.....looks v good on the yearly chart..ive never shorted AIM stocks but it looks like a good candidate too.Good luck
:arrowu:

I don't plan to keep it open too long - I think the company has great long term prospects, and there's a trading statement due in May sometime which could be very good. Just didn't see the sense in keeping the long going while the chart so obviously said sell. If only I'd done the same thing with other positions over the last few years...

cabrito,

why LLOY when it yields 7.5% and is on a P/E of~10? chart looks weak, but long term support at around £4. Could suffer when the housing market goes down the pan I suppose.

I'd be interested to hear your reasons.

I look only at charts and indicators for long/short opportunities rather than using any fundamentals! I recently traded a Dow Put option before it fell almost 250 points in a few days - it has been my best trade so far! I now only trade very volatile markets eg Dow and Dax - the FTSE index and shares hasnt made much returns - it may well be worth having a look at the U.S!

'hasn't made much returns' Ive made confortable returns from UK stocks. So you must be speaking from your own experience and of course, theres probably a big difference in our strategy's aswell.