Best SB company

coxylad

Hi all, I have been useing cmc markets for a few weeks on the web base platform but I have a Macbook pro, and they don't support Apple mac, it just keeps freezing and im having to shut down and sign in again,

What is the best company and platform for Apple mac?

I am new to trading so trying to get my teeth into it.

The good thing about cmc was that when I said I was closing my account down they refunded my balance instantly, which is a good sign and they have good spreads also shame about the software and web platforms.

Thanks in advance

Hi all, I have been useing cmc markets for a few weeks on the web base platform but I have a Macbook pro, and they don't support Apple mac, it just keeps freezing and im having to shut down and sign in again,

What is the best company and platform for Apple mac?

I am new to trading so trying to get my teeth into it.

The good thing about cmc was that when I said I was closing my account down they refunded my balance instantly, which is a good sign and they have good spreads also shame about the software and web platforms.

Thanks in advance

Think I will go with IG and Capital.

A good feature I have found on Capital is squawk live commentary from some trader in London every now and again he does an announcement letting you know whats hot and whats not

Well just done half a day of trading on IG on shares ftse100 & wall street & a couple of shares with in these @0.10p per point and managed to rak up £10 profit I would go abit more but only got £400 in account so onward and upward hopefully.

Feel free to give some feedback as I think im talking to myself lol

Im using IG at the mo it seems to run ok.( apart from loseing)

If I predict a market to go up its sods law that it will go the other way.

Good job they started me of on 10p per point.

I liked the heat metre in cmc but the platforms don't work properly on the Mac

Any sites for the best info or any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Im using IG at the mo it seems to run ok.( apart from loseing)

If I predict a market to go up its sods law that it will go the other way.

Good job they started me of on 10p per point.

I liked the heat metre in cmc but the platforms don't work properly on the Mac

Any sites for the best info or any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Stick with the IG trade sense programme for as long as poss...6 weeks iirc. Then, if you can, stick with 50p/£1 trades on forex which should keep you in the game as long as poss whilst you learn, learn and learn some more.
Move away from your *blind* gut feeling predictions and get into TA, use your charting package on IG to underpin your decisions, it really is good and is free so long as you place 2 trades a month...
OK where to start...Start to look at price on a simple line graph on perhaps a 1 hour time frame, perhaps overlay a couple of MAs (moving averages) 20 and 50 and observe what happens when price breaches these lines...this is the very first step of your trading educashun, unfortunately everything else is up to you and your levels of intellectual curiosity ..good luck.:)

it does work on the mac well your right.

Still not sure about them, they have done a few things that im not totaly happy with but dont know enough about this yet to kick off.

I will carry on with them for now.

It seems that every time i go long the market goes short, so I go short and the market goes long, I win some and lose sum, it just seems like if I win 50 I garrantee that I will lose 60 so over time the bank get smaller and smaller.

I am looking to get into spread betting as well and I am using a Mac.

Three brokers are on my shortlist:
IG: Seems biggest and most recommend
Capital Spreads: FT Investment Awards for best SB firm?
City Index: For their iPhone dealing platform

Gonna give it a few more weeks before I decide to sign up. What do you guys think b/w the three?
Please advise.

im using IG on my mac, everything at first was ok then I won £150 in about 8 hours and since then the tickets freeze and I cant get out of deals at the right time so you end up losing money, and I empty my cache and history all the time.

Its has if they are trying to to claw money back of me, they spend all this time and money training you the in's and out's then when you do ok its as if they are against you.

I might move to a dedicated FX site a fair one, any idea's.

it does work on the mac well your right.

Still not sure about them, they have done a few things that im not totaly happy with but dont know enough about this yet to kick off.

I will carry on with them for now.

It seems that every time i go long the market goes short, so I go short and the market goes long, I win some and lose sum, it just seems like if I win 50 I garrantee that I will lose 60 so over time the bank get smaller and smaller.

Nothing to add except this made me smile...:)

im using IG on my mac, everything at first was ok then I won £150 in about 8 hours and since then the tickets freeze and I cant get out of deals at the right time so you end up losing money, and I empty my cache and history all the time.

Its has if they are trying to to claw money back of me, they spend all this time and money training you the in's and out's then when you do ok its as if they are against you.

I might move to a dedicated FX site a fair one, any idea's.

OK in order to take your panic away you need to move up a time frames which do not constantly demand immediate action. As a newbie (IMHO) you should not be trading off TFs any lower than one hour, my suggestion is 4 hours. Off 4hr TFs you can see the swings and get into them, maybe not at the 'b of the bang' but certainly enough to begin to see what the game is all about and make a bit of 'cool hand Luke' profit. Look, the SB firms (bar FXCM) cannot cope with/are not set up to deal with scalpers, so you'll get fried by your own incompetence as opposed to their deviance (which doesn't really exist anyhow).
You either swing with the SBs or don't play, simple as. Now remember this nugget of (arguable) wisdom; "Don't hate the game and hate the players, play the game and play the players" ;)

I am looking to get into spread betting as well and I am using a Mac.

Three brokers are on my shortlist:
IG: Seems biggest and most recommend
Capital Spreads: FT Investment Awards for best SB firm?
City Index: For their iPhone dealing platform

Gonna give it a few more weeks before I decide to sign up. What do you guys think b/w the three?
Please advise.

Top SB companies, all 3.

Tradefair for me, the tightest FX spreads of all SB firms, and so far I have had no execution problems with them.

Does anybody know how to place an OCO order with IG index? I'll try calling them this Monday but thought I'd try here first!