Best FX Brokers?

nidarian

Hi,

Lets all vote based on reallife experinces on who you think is the best Forex broker, connection and software. You should also give comments on why you like or dislike them. Lets use this thread as a reference point for all shopping around for a broker as often this is very time consuming and costly process. Also you should mention what kind of spread you get and commision you pay.

Regards,

DR

I use Forex for hedging foreign currency exposure on medium/long term equity positions, which means spread is less important to me than a sensible overnight financing rate.

To that end, I use CMC Forex: 3 pips on cable, excellent platform, no comms and market interest rates.

Oanda.com

But also search this site which already has a brokers list under "RESOURCES" above

I have a list of forex broker who i know is honest and don't play games like some brokers do here's my list of top retail brokers and top ecn brokers.

top retail brokers.

oanada.
interbankfx.
fxdd

top ecn btokers

interactivebrokers
hotspotfx
mbtrading
propfx

moe said:
I have a list of forex broker who i know is honest and don't play games like some brokers do here's my list of top retail brokers and top ecn brokers.

top retail brokers.

oanada.
interbankfx.
fxdd

top ecn btokers

interactivebrokers
hotspotfx
mbtrading
propfx

If you need streaming news and fine service: www.saxobank.com

Though this is my first post here, I am not new to forex trading. I opened multiple accounts a couple of years ago to find out which broker I liked best. Opinions that I had read seemed to be biased by a trader’s performance with that broker. I didn't use demo account as a personal preference. The following is a brief view of each of my brokers:

RefcoFX
What can you say about a bankrupt broker? All the things I liked about this broker turned out to be FXCM. I am still waiting to see if these accounts are taken over by FXCM. This is an application interface. Turns out we where not protected with this broker.

Oanda
I just like this broker. It has tight spreads and a Java interface. Nothing fancy here but can access the account from almost any computer. Funds are segregated.

FX Solutions
Have great news service and the ability to hedge positions. This is an application interface. Funds are segregated.

Forex.com
One-click trading. Java and WAP interfaces. Funds are NOT segregated. This is the retail arm of GAIN Capital.

XpressTrade (futures & forex)
Web based interface but screen updates are slow sometimes. They give a lot of extras for free. Commissions are high but no other fees are required. You can transfer money between the futures and forex accounts quickly. When an account is opened, they request wire instructions to move money back to your bank account (only broker I’ve ever seen to do this). Futures account is segregated but forex account is not.

Tradestation (futures)
The grand-daddy of trading platforms. I like it a great deal but don’t use most features. Commissions are less than 1 pip but you have to pay for everything. This is an application. Funds are segregated.

Interbank FX
They use the MetaQuote front-end and have tight spreads. This is an application. It is also available for PDAs. Funds are segregated.

Summary: I have too many brokers and have to consolidate. The brokers I use the most are Interbank FX, Oanda, and Tradestation. The first account that I would close is Forex.com due to the lake of fund protection. The last account I would close is Tradestation.

I don’t know if this helps or not but I can answer questions based on my experience with these brokers only. I don’t have all the answers, just my experience.

Greetings, here's another question from a newbie.
What other brokers are there beside fxcm that offer the option of depositing money via debit card for int. traders?

GengstaTrejder said:
Greetings, here's another question from a newbie.
What other brokers are there beside fxcm that offer the option of depositing money via debit card for int. traders?

fxsol

Last time I spoke with FXSol about international debit cards, they said that plans were in the works to make it available in the first half of this year, until that happens I'll stick with FXCM who have been just fine.

during years I have tried them (almost) all and I'd like to say next. In last ten years, between those who were on the mkt. then, majority is still doing business. Which mean that they are not that bad at all, and difference between them isn't large.

If you trade with any broker Co. which is more than 6 years operable, you will do fine.

Cmsfx, VT

I used since one year Cmsfx, VT platform is very good.
Now I'm trying a new platform, that perapsh can beat VT.
I'll give you other feedbacks in the future. :cheesy:

FedePresident said:
I used since one year Cmsfx, VT platform is very good.
Now I'm trying a new platform, that perapsh can beat VT.
I'll give you other feedbacks in the future. :cheesy:

Take a look on Saxo Bank. They have an Italian Desk.

http://www.saxobank.com

I have been using Oanda for years and they proved to be a very reliable broker.

How are the spreads on days like today once FMOC is announced?

Old_Bob said:
I have been using Oanda for years and they proved to be a very reliable broker.

Credit Card -International

GengstaTrejder said:
"Debit Cards - US based accounts only"-fxsol
Unfortunately, it seems that they offer it only to u.s. costumers.