Best day(s) of the week for entering positions for 2010? H2F Help.

well it's really quite simple...

1) open excel
2) enter the dates of 2010 into column A
3) Enter the corresponding price of whatever instrument you are doing this for into column B
4) Enter the formula =LN(B2/B1) into cell C2. Drag down all rows
5) Enter the formula =WEEKDAY(A2) into cell D2. Drag down all rows
6) create a pivot table of columns C & D with RowLabels as col D and Values as average of col C

I took the trouble of doing this for the FTSE in 2010 for you. Turns out Mondays are the best day to enter trades and Fridays are worst

1) open excel
3) Enter the corresponding price of whatever instrument you are doing this for into column B
6) create a pivot table of columns C & D with RowLabels as col D and Values as average of col C

I took the trouble of doing this for the FTSE in 2010 for you. Turns out Mondays are the best day to enter trades and Fridays are worst
:LOL:

LOL, that's very dry humour..nice one. :LOL:

i would not listen to a word black swan says because he has no idea what he is talking about.If i get another warning i will be banned.Aw well it is only a forum

i would not listen to a word black swan says because he has no idea what he is talking about.If i get another warning i will be banned.Aw well it is only a forum

Warning? You get a warning before being banned? Shoot, I'm not trying hard enough. :-0 :)

1) open excel

So, on Mondays are you entering long or short? Might as well enter both positions and close them both out for profit on Friday.

Peter

So, on Mondays are you entering long or short? Might as well enter both positions and close them both out for profit on Friday.

Peter

From the formulae you'll see The analysis was based around daily close values. So the strategy would be to buy on Monday (at close) and close out on Tuesday (at close). Similarly you would sell on Friday and close out on Monday