Best CFD provider for Emerging Markets equities

dominmoscow

Hi all,

I would really appreciate any help/advice on the best CFD providers specifically for emerging markets equities. I have been trading CFDs with IG Markets for a few months, mainly because of their relatively wide range and easy platform, but have been on both sell and buysides for 7-8 years...increasingly trading market neutral pair trades. That's all I'm doing CFDs in.

Firstly I would like to know of any decent places charging lower commissions on LIOB share CFDs, e.g. OGZD, LKOD, MNOD...IG Markets wants 4 cents a share which is a killer if you're taking both sides in and out every time. I found "Benchmarks" somehow, apparently they are a partner of Saxo Bank in Bulgaria...they say they do LIOB for 0.1% commission and 10% margin and have a decent range of shares, but don't say anything about size, or short restrictions. Has anyone used them? Recommend them?

Anyone else worth having a look at?

Thanks a lot!

Dominic

"Thank you for your email.
We have not asked for any banking information, all we asked was to provide us the receipts with the date and time. We checked your IG account trading history and it shows that you have never traded.

You have been depositing funds and then asking for money out. The sole reason of IG markets Account is to trade. We are not a banking institution used for transferring money in and out.

We haven't asked for your bank statement, we will post the funds in your account when we receive it. If you are not keen in trading i would suggest you close IG Markets Account and we will send the money back to your bank account.

Kind regards,
Mohammad Bangash

Credit Risk Officer
IG Markets Limited
Tel: 03 9860 1779
Fax: 03 9860 1755
Email: [email protected]
www.igmarkets.com.au"

This message came to me via IG Client Services [email protected] after I have deposited money into IG markets. I was told by this employee to email my transaction information over the internet so that he can provide me temp credit. After I did that thrice he changed his mind about the temp credit rendering the whole exercise unnecessary. When questioned about the logic of his request for my banking details he went into a tirade looking for a fight as you see.

Are you puzzled by the type of service that IG Markets's No.1 for CFD Customer Satisfaction* is giving?

Is this the current trend?

I will be contacting their compliance dept and will update you further.

KCY maybe you should open a dedicated thread, depending on the outcome of your chat with compliance. A lot of people use IG and a lot of people would consider them, might be easier to find. Just a suggestion!

Your suggestions noted with thanks. As an avid site builder I could open threads all over the web if this is not solved and not just at the forums I visits. More people should know how IG clients are actually treated in real life behind the marketing hypes.

Updates;
No news since. Will they gloss over this customer bashing or make good their promise to the customers?
Corporate culture and values are formed by the little things, not paid ads or big marketing slogans;
the decent and polite staff at IG watching this, are learning from it also. The experience could be contagious either way.

Last edited: