Best broker

Hi what would be the best broker for a novice trader . Small trades and short terms i have looked but all seem to have bad reviews where they artificially move prices to your disadvantage
thanks

dont believe all you read. Posts complaining about price manipulation are generally from disgruntled clients who lose money. If a Spread Betting company posts a manipulated price you can complain to the Ombudsman about it. The unpalatable fact for many clients is that when they lose they lose to the person quoting the pice (i.e the Spread Betting Company) somehow losing to the market maker rather than to a third party on an exchange seems to really annoy some traders. In reality it makes no odds. If you lose then you lose, worrying about WHO you lost to is irrelevant.

I had a exchange price comparitor working on one of my systems versus Capital Spreads and the price on CS never deviated by as much as half a pip from the technical exchange derived price. IG do tend to bias the price in indices markets to reflect their book (i.e if the majority the clients are long in the FTSE they may push their price higher to try to tempt sellers) but I have never seen any sudden variation which would indicate a stop hunting expedition.

dont believe all you read. Posts complaining about price manipulation are generally from disgruntled clients who lose money. If a Spread Betting company posts a manipulated price you can complain to the Ombudsman about it. The unpalatable fact for many clients is that when they lose they lose to the person quoting the pice (i.e the Spread Betting Company) somehow losing to the market maker rather than to a third party on an exchange seems to really annoy some traders. In reality it makes no odds. If you lose then you lose, worrying about WHO you lost to is irrelevant.

I had a exchange price comparitor working on one of my systems versus Capital Spreads and the price on CS never deviated by as much as half a pip from the technical exchange derived price. IG do tend to bias the price in indices markets
to reflect their book (i.e if the majority the clients are long in the FTSE they may push their price higher to try to tempt sellers) but I have never seen any sudden variation which would indicate a stop hunting expedition.

Hi so would capital spreads be good for short time trades and novice trader?

Hi so would capital spreads be good for short time trades and novice trader?

Try a few demo's, find a platform you are comfortable with, I went with tradefair, which is owned by the same company as capital spreads but has a different platform, mainly for the simplicity of it.

Google FXCM fined, Gain Capital fined and Virtual Dealer Plugin, then you'll see what this business is all about. It's little more than legalised theft, just keep your money safe and forget about this nonsense.

Google FXCM fined, Gain Capital fined and Virtual Dealer Plugin, then you'll see what this business is all about. It's little more than legalised theft, just keep your money safe and forget about this nonsense.

Yep, bunch of crooks with ties and always at it, its the financial industry and they just cannot help themselves.

The important point is trying to understand how and where and then either accepting it and using it possibly to your advantage or constantly shopping around for what suits you and your trading. It is getting a lot more competitive, they cannot get away with what they used to as highlighted above. With half a brain you can work out which ones really abuse the rules and just highlight them and move on........

I had a exchange price comparitor working on one of my systems versus Capital Spreads and the price on CS never deviated by as much as half a pip from the technical exchange derived price. IG do tend to bias the price in indices markets to reflect their book (i.e if the majority the clients are long in the FTSE they may push their price higher to try to tempt sellers) but I have never seen any sudden variation which would indicate a stop hunting expedition.

Yes, IG has prices that don't just follow one underlying market.