Beep Beep, Newsflash ,Well Kinda .....USA says "Up Your's Everyone" Again!

Should The USA Be Referred To The UN For Crimes Against Humanity Re Greenhouse Gases

• Yes CB Imediate compliance with UN to comply with UN over mandatory control of greenhouse Gases, els

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • CB, Dont worry, China will flatten em anyway way before gas get really popular.

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Phone a friend.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 Pints please John!

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crap Buddist

:rolleyes:

Ohmmmm. Ohmmmm.

Ahhh, now then scientists have confirmed that funnily enough humans are responsible for the rapid acceleration of the build up or greenhouse gases which are likely to threaten some aspects of planetary existence for earth's inhabititant's.

However the good ol U.S.A (ohh say can you seee) yes the good ol U.S.A. is still opposing any mandatory control of greenhouse gases.

Now then we could argue that this is a crime against humanity, their reason being for opposing is. "Well we (The U.S.A. ) are only a small part of the cause" . That reason could further be argued as a crime against Sanity . Therefore they oppose.

Should this not be put before the UN, should we not give them (The USA) an ultimatum that must be complied with , else, else we'll flatten em.

Discuss, This should be resolved swiftly.

Please feel free to vote In the Poll.

Crap Buddist said:
:rolleyes:

Ohmmmm. Ohmmmm.

Ahhh, now then scientists have confirmed that funnily enough humans are responsible for the rapid acceleration of the build up or greenhouse gases which are likely to threaten some aspects of planetary existence for earth's inhabititant's.

However the good ol U.S.A (ohh say can you seee) yes the good ol U.S.A. is still opposing any mandatory control of greenhouse gases.

Now then we could argue that this is a crime against humanity, their reason being for opposing is. "Well we (The U.S.A. ) are only a small part of the cause" . That reason could further be argued as a crime against Sanity . Therefore they oppose.

Should this not be put before the UN, should we not give them (The USA) an ultimatum that must be complied with , else, else we'll flatten em.

Discuss, This should be resolved swiftly.

Please feel free to vote In the Poll.

I vote to give the Nobel Peace price to the next president of the United States of America Al Gore!

Atilla said:
I vote to give the Nobel Peace price to the next president of the United States of America Al Gore!

The bookies seem to think it's going to be Hilary Clinton at 11/8 with Al Gore at 14/1

this is a big grey, foggy area!

although the govt and Dubya, refuses to accept the Kyoto protocols, because it restricts their inalienable rights to plunder the world, the fact is, many states have adopted pro-Kyoto legislation, and should be applauded for doing so.

These states have clearly more sense than that gibbon in the White House.

However, the issues become even more cloudy when we have China and India chomping at the bit to have the standard of living that we take for granted here in the west.

We cannot say "WE have plundered the world to have 2 cars, flat-screen-tvs, dishwashers, but because of pollution YOU cant have any of these things".

What needs to happen is that we develop pro-green technologies, and, as difficult as it may seem, GIVE them to India and China to reduce their upcoming pollution footprint.
(India has the fastest growing Middle-Class in the world, all wanting their fair share of the worlds toys.)

I read a really good joke:
If you had a desert island and it had Osama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein (ok, this joke is a bit dated), and George Bush, a gun and two bullets, what would you do??

Answer: Shoot George Bush - twice.

dick_dastardly said:
The bookies seem to think it's going to be Hilary Clinton at 11/8 with Al Gore at 14/1

I don't think Al Gore is running for president but if you see his climate change film (really worth seeing - that guy is doing a lot of fantastic work) he presents himself as the man who is/was known as 'The Next President of the USA'.

However, the bit about the nomination for the Nobel Peace price is true.

How come Al gore has gone all touchy feely for the planet and the likes of Greenpeace have been busily getting on and doing for the last 30 odd years.

Maybe Mr Gore has seen alternatives at his time of life to think about creating better futures and in that sense he is just a late bloomer.

But can Gore use his popularity ? to get the US. to go greener is that his new purpose ?

And why haven't Greenpeace got Nobel Peace prizes for the last 30 years ? Surley if Mr Gore Got a Prize would he recognise that he should hand it over to Greenpeace ?

Crap Buddist said:
How come Al gore has gone all touchy feely for the planet and the likes of Greenpeace have been busily getting on and doing for the last 30 odd years.

Maybe Mr Gore has seen alternatives at his time of life to think about creating better futures and in that sense he is just a late bloomer.

But can Gore use his popularity ? to get the US. to go greener is that his new purpose ?

And why haven't Greenpeace got Nobel Peace prizes for the last 30 years ? Surley if Mr Gore Got a Prize would he recognise that he should hand it over to Greenpeace ?

Agree very strongly.

I think it's all to do with the Next President of USA bit. I'm not being cynical here. Prince Charles has joined the band wagon too.

He comes across as really down to earth and someone who has seen the light in the film Inconvenient Truth.

I hear your scepticism but he has made over a 1000 trips giving talks and making presentations raising awareness. That's kind of difficult to do if you are only interested raising your own popullarity. It's a lot of hard work.

People do change. Priorities change. Perspective on life changes. I believe he is genuine about it all. The US is waking up to climate change even though the Bush oil gang is not.

Fascinating how the two men will be viewed for their legacies when people look back.

The two twins;
The winner who lost it all...
The loser who became a hero...

I feel a hollywood movie coming on.

Atilla said:
Agree very strongly.

I think it's all to do with the Next President of USA bit. I'm not being cynical here. Prince Charles has joined the band wagon too.

He comes across as really down to earth and someone who has seen the light in the film Inconvenient Truth.

I hear your scepticism but he has made over a 1000 trips giving talks and making presentations raising awareness. That's kind of difficult to do if you are only interested raising your own popullarity. It's a lot of hard work.

People do change. Priorities change. Perspective on life changes. I believe he is genuine about it all. The US is waking up to climate change even though the Bush oil gang is not.

Fascinating how the two men will be viewed for their legacies when people look back.

The two twins;
The winner who lost it all...
The loser who became a hero...

I feel a hollywood movie coming on.

hmm yes I sense that although ive heard Mr Gore state I will not and am not interested in being President, maybe this is a covert stealth approach on his part, the best next way in , deny political ambitions until the peoples intent for him to become the President is so strong that Mr Gore say's "Oh alright then" knowing full well this was a cunning plan from the off.

Still whatever his intentions if it results in positive for the planet, then excellent, maybe he has to display or disassociate from ploitics because the politicians label hardly reads "honest guy here does it ."

But why would the US still want to oppose mandatory control of greenhouse gases etc?
I mean if they are only a small part of the smoke, then by their own definition of being small, surely their costs incurred to conform to madatory control would be a small portion too ?

Why are they opposing ?

Crap Buddist said:
hmm yes I sense that although ive heard Mr Gore state I will not and am not interested in being President, maybe this is a covert stealth approach on his part, the best next way in , deny political ambitions until the peoples intent for him to become the President is so strong that Mr Gore say's "Oh alright then" knowing full well this was a cunning plan from the off.

Still whatever his intentions if it results in positive for the planet, then excellent, maybe he has to display or disassociate from ploitics because the politicians label hardly reads "honest guy here does it ."

But why would the US still want to oppose mandatory control of greenhouse gases etc?
I mean if they are only a small part of the smoke, then by their own definition of being small, surely their costs incurred to conform to madatory control would be a small portion too ?

Why are they opposing ?

Because there is NO DEMOCRACY in the US. It's all capitalism. Who ever has the money wins plays the tune. The campaign is all about raising funds, and scratching big businesses backs in return. There is no free lunch.

I would add all democracies should fund their party's using tax payers money. Including the UK. Look at our president Blair. Shame on him. We should also have proportional representation. I still don't understand our election or number of seats process.

I would ban all private funding of any party. It's ludicrouse. Why on earth would any business give any money to a politician? F1 racing comes to mind of all things. Racing and politics perfect mix. This process is MAGNIFIED in the US ELECTIONS. You need $100m just for starters.

When they host their dinners and speeches and big business names attend that's where discussions take place on
1. what would you like from us if we get elected to government and
2. how much are you prepared to cough up.

Lots of lobbies in the US, some of them very small but very rich... It's like the tail swinging the dog big time. Wagging just doesn't say it.

Even now big Oil business is giving grants to climate change sceptics to muddy the water.

Exxon should be in the courts for corruption charges. Instead the white house is in their pockets fighting wars killing 600K+ civilians in stealing oil destroying planet earth. If that wasn't enough backed up by BIG BUSINESS suppliers of pentagon, there are people (management class - filthy rich) egging for wars so they can make more money.

It's not their families who are being killed. It's nothing personal just pure business.

Bush is an oil man with a capital 'O'... When he opens his big 'O' and says they don't like our civilisation and democracy I'm amazed how well he delivers it with a straight face.

People who reject any of the above obviously are blinkered by all the sanitised news who haven't got a clue as to how the US is run. Civilised democracy indeed. :LOL:

On subject of US president who do you think will be the best for the world of all candidate declare themselves interested in the job.

Crap Buddist said:

I don't know about Nobel Peace prize but Al Gores film has won an Oscar.