BBC iplayer, Who Wants to be a Millionaire Trader?

brasil2000

I see a lot of similarity between the wealth trainers(Get-rich-quick scheme) and those vendor teaching you how to make money trading.The trading vendors use the same marketing techniques as the wealth trainers ,@44:24 their an English guy Marcus de maria who owns Investment-mastery(stock market training course for Beginners),anyone heard of him?
I really want to know more about the powerful exercise you have to do to become an successful trader:clap:

BBC iPlayer - Money: Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

This first episode follows people who dedicate their lives to getting rich, documenting the extraordinary world of wealth trainers. Featuring renowned American wealth gurus Robert Kiyosaki and T Harv Eker, as well as a selection of their British followers, the film examines whether anyone can get rich if they truly apply themselves.

Last edited:
Do a search on this forum for 'Marcus de maria' and you will find posts.

It's the usual, learn something, become average at it, sell courses on what you have learned.

Most of the people on the show who were making money from property were using buy to let mortgages when the market was at the peak. It's not so easy now to get mortgages but IS easy to teach people what you have done for the last 10 years if you have 20+ properties.

How the f*ck did this marcus de maria character get my mobile number to spam text me. That's what I want to know!

Re: BBC Money

Yes, it was embarrassing to watch. Those "gurus" are the modern day alchemists.

yep ...........working on my get rich course now

draft out by December :p

N

draft out by December :p

A perfect example of the power of positive thought :LOL:

I didnt watch the program (but I might, if I can find some way to fool iPlayer to work outside of the UK). It's easy to mock these people (and they deserve to be mocked), but often the difference between those who succeed and those who fail really does come down to attitude and belief.

It is interesting that the two key ways in which money was being made was through property and selling wealth creation. The idea that "the universe" will make you rich by believing that you are already rich is born out of the concept that there is a non-manifest domain that becomes manifest through the application of intended thought. It is an eastern religious concept that is now being used in many areas of western life to supposedly change your life without really doing anything other than thinking about it.

I agree that for property in particular, you need gold to get gold. The days of being able to own property without a substantial deposit to start with are over and almost all of those who are established in this would be unable to do the same if starting out again in the economic scenario of today. I noted that the couple who were church goers made more money by teaching than from the property that they owned by a factor of nearly 3 to 1.

There was very little wealth being generated from anything else that I could see and most of those taking the courses were in debt and worse still credit card debt. Based on this it is difficult to see how they would be able to have sufficient money to put down any deposit for property. That means that income would have to come from other means of which there was nothing that I saw unless I missed something ?

Paul

Snakeoil vending, just goes to show how easy it is.

Another sucker born every minute.

All failed traders should become vendors..

How the f*ck did this marcus de maria character get my mobile number to spam text me. That's what I want to know!

I think he is in cahoots with someone at a recent expo.I got a call from a lovely sounding boy called dean who works for him telling me about their traders version of the apprentice. He went on to explain about a special offer about a trading method called buffalo??????????? I impolitely declined but if he rings back??? Now that I.ve seen his wife I'll sign up for his scheme if he agrees to let me pork her for 1 weekend a month for the next 5 years
I wonder what his answer will be?:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:love:

Last edited:

A perfect example of the power of positive thought :LOL:

I didnt watch the program (but I might, if I can find some way to fool iPlayer to work outside of the UK). It's easy to mock these people (and they deserve to be mocked), but often the difference between those who succeed and those who fail really does come down to attitude and belief.

Gecko?

Anybody else watch this last night.:):):)

Yep watched it on the iPlayer. The producers of the show found a lot of numpties and focused on the rip off seminars and not really much on the important concepts that books like Rich Dad, Poor Dad teach.

I think it just made them all look silly. Some of them clearly didn't understand the book at all and were instead spending thousands on courses for hyped up information you can get in the £6 book - or even free if you get it from your local library.

It is interesting that the two key ways in which money was being made was through property and selling wealth creation. The idea that "the universe" will make you rich by believing that you are already rich is born out of the concept that there is a non-manifest domain that becomes manifest through the application of intended thought. It is an eastern religious concept that is now being used in many areas of western life to supposedly change your life without really doing anything other than thinking about it.

I agree that for property in particular, you need gold to get gold. The days of being able to own property without a substantial deposit to start with are over and almost all of those who are established in this would be unable to do the same if starting out again in the economic scenario of today. I noted that the couple who were church goers made more money by teaching than from the property that they owned by a factor of nearly 3 to 1.

There was very little wealth being generated from anything else that I could see and most of those taking the courses were in debt and worse still credit card debt. Based on this it is difficult to see how they would be able to have sufficient money to put down any deposit for property. That means that income would have to come from other means of which there was nothing that I saw unless I missed something ?

Paul

I'm not really toooo into it, but there is a very good book all about the Universal Law of Attraction (is what it is commonly known as in the media) by Rhonda Byrne. http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Rhonda-Byrne/dp/1582701709/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322754334&sr=8-1

Quite a fun read.

Is it just me or did that english t**t who preached about wealth creation who had a wife and kid running around a) really fail at answering the questions "can any one become a millionaire" and b) remind you really badly of that other english t**t Greg Secker?

The OP made the great point, these are all master marketers selling a dream, same tactics just different products.

As for the secret, yet another 'dream' being sold and telling people what they want to hear. Does it work, if you listen to the sellers and their naive clients of course. But if you want proof it's complete bull, then watch this -

The Chaser's War on Everything - The Secret - YouTube

What surprised me about that film was that if I'd had to guess what the wealth creation schemes would be prior to watching it, I'd have put money on network marketing featuring prominently. I gave MLM, (Multi Level Marketing as it was called back then) a shot myself in the early 90s, along with a few million others and failed miserably - along with a few million others! (Amway in my case). However, the common denominator between this program and the MLM schemes of old is the focus on popular psychology. Whilst I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with it, it's useless unless it's backed up by a concrete plan rooted in reality. The smiley young black women (sorry, forgot her name) and the dopey teenage couple seemed pretty clueless and will probably end up in debt and very disillusioned. Pie in the sky dreams of becoming property magnates with £50 in the bank is even more daft than newbies on here thinking they'll be millionaires inside a year with a £100 spread betting account.

IMO, in both cases, their best bet is to get in with a good network marketing company with affordable products that people need - and start very small scale. The boy can do this while holding down his job at Homebase. Although I failed - it can be done. About ten years ago, my sister got into it and I tried to warn her off it - based on my experiences 10 years earlier. However, she pressed ahead with it anyway and just as well she did, as she now makes a full time income from her business. In retrospect, it was a godsend as she's now virtually housebound with advanced MS. Without it, she'd have virtually no chance of being able to support herself. All credit to her - she quite literally put in the leg work before her legs failed her, priming the well which now provides her with a residual income which, hopefully, will be enough to meet her needs as her health deteriorates.
Tim.

The OP made the great point, these are all master marketers selling a dream, same tactics just different products.

As for the secret, yet another 'dream' being sold and telling people what they want to hear. Does it work, if you listen to the sellers and their naive clients of course. But if you want proof it's complete bull, then watch this -

The Chaser's War on Everything - The Secret - YouTube

Whilst I don't believe in the power of "the secret" I fail to see why two idiots acting like idiots are in anyway proof that it's complete bull.

Last edited: