Basic ProRealTime code help

MrLeverage

107 5
IF c1 AND c2 THEN
BUY 1 SHARES AT MARKET
ENDIF

I have two conditions as the basis for a strategy. I need condition 1 to be met before condition 2 is considered. The problem I have it what C1 does not happen at the same time as C2. I can't get it to work as when I put "THEN" between C1 and C2 is errors. Can anyone assist?

Stu_Tat

1 0
Hi MrLeverage, I think this is what you need.......... From the ProRealTime Programming manual....

Sequential IF conditions
You can create sub-conditions after the validation of the main condition, meaning conditions which must be validated one after another. For that, you need to build a sequence of IF structures, one included in the other.
You should be careful to insert in the code as many ENDIF as IF. Example:
Double conditions on moving averages :

IF (Average[12](Close) - Average[20](Close) > 0) THEN
IF ExponentialAverage[12](Close) - ExponentialAverage[20](Close) > 0 THEN
Result = 1
ELSE
Result = -1
ENDIF
ENDIF

RETURN Result

Your code would probably look like this........

IF C1 THEN
IF C2 THEN
Result = 1
ELSE
Result = -1
ENDIF
ENDIF
RETURN Result

Hope this helps

Stu

Vicorka

246 7
IF c1 AND c2 THEN
BUY 1 SHARES AT MARKET
ENDIF

I have two conditions as the basis for a strategy. I need condition 1 to be met before condition 2 is considered. The problem I have it what C1 does not happen at the same time as C2. I can't get it to work as when I put "THEN" between C1 and C2 is errors. Can anyone assist?

Stu_tat is right. You need nested [if] statement:

IF c1 THEN
IF c2 THEN
BUY 1 SHARES AT MARKET​
ENDIF​
ENDIF

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock