Basic Introduction To Trading - A Good Book/Guide

hahnwest

Hey peeps,

Are there any books out there you can recommend me to get hang of the most basic concepts of trading and what trading is all about? A book which can explain what the basic concepts are to any random stranger off the street? A simple easy to digest guide?

Thanks

Maybe try Alexander Elder. You'll learn more from a forum in the long run though

Trading for Dummies! I know people will laugh but I thought it was a great introductory book that focuses on the basics...

The Naked Trader - Robbie Burns

Very glossy overview of Swing Trading. It depends what type of trading you are talking about.

Alexander Elder books are OK for a start. I have "Come into my Trading room" (with additional Study guide) and "Selling & Sell short" if you want to buy them. I also have the Naked Trader book if you want it. Make me an offer. All used but good condition, I don't read them any more.

For Trading Psychology, most would recommend Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas but that is then getting more specific.

For Charting then maybe Steve Nison books for candlestick patterns and "Pring on Price Patterns" for general chart patterns.

Otherwise, pull up a chart, learn about support and resistance and go from there.

PS, there is a book review section on this Website. Look at that.

hahnwest,
Please follow the links provided in the welcome e-mail you received when you first registered. When you do, you'll soon find yourself scanning the threads in the FAQ forum. You'll then stumble upon this thread which answers your question pretty comprehensively:
Which Books should a Beginner Read?
Additionally, please familiarise yourself with the search facility to avoid starting threads unnecessarily on topics that have been discussed many times in the past.
Tim.