Barx

Its just for me for gbpjpy so I don't want huge but I do want liquidity, transparency and an open market but it doesn't seem anymore of those than opening an account with Alpari unfortunately. Looks pretty bog standard but I could well be wrong.

Cheers, good to hear... Getting fed up with crappy run of the mill brokers and want something with icebergs, NDD's and direct into the market instead of via Joe Bloggs who was out on the lash last night and in a bad mood so can't be arsed to fill me!

Careful - not sure it'll do all that. It's a single bank platform, NOT an ecn, so the whole thing about icebergs and DMA doesn't really apply.

But what I think you would get is consistent liquidity etc. You're still crossing the spread etc when you deal, but it's not coming through second hand, which makes a difference.

Pleased with the latter but does the former mean I still have to contend with Joe at the other end... Would rather an ECN. I think!

You have to remember that there are two versions of 'barx' - their web site gives screen shots of the institutional version with small spreads.

Retail clients are directed to their stockbroker division which also offers fx but with typical retail spreads.