barjon's Blog

barjon

Legendary member
Patterns That Interest

I am using this blog to keep track of interesting chart features. They are not associated with any specific set-up rules or trading pIan, but are merely recorded to help discipline me on following up on thoughts I may have from time to time. I may, or may not, be trading them via my "fun account" and some may develop into a feature of my serious trading in due course.

OK the first is cpw - see next

CPW - Carphone Warehouse Group

Two interesting features on this one:

1. On the daily chart it looks as though the support area of a descending triangle has been broken and that this support may have become resistance. I'm short from 292 (close mid-price 292.5). Stop at 297.

nb: if this progresses the right way then consider an addition at 284.

I would plan to exit at least half position as (if) price nears January low of 266, because:

2. On the monthly chart there seems solid support at 265-255 area which has been tested four or five times over the last year. Should price arrive at this level I must watch closely.

Attachments

• cpw.JPG
    cpw.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 225
  • cpwmonth.JPG
    cpwmonth.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 236
Cpw

Bump! It got down to near the potential support level in one swoop. Covered short at 272.5 which was nice but not particularly informative given the general market mayhem.

cpw

...and a couple of days later dropped into that long term support zone and bounced right out followed by a strong day against the market trend.

Attachments

• cpw.JPG
    cpw.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 228
cpw cont'd

Mmm, turned again on readching resistance zone - wot next?

Had a short order in at 296 which it never quite reached. Probably a mistake - should have set in on entry to zone (with stop the other side) rather than middle of zone. That would have triggered and started off well - or is it hindsight talking.

Attachments

• cpw.JPG
    cpw.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 232