Backtesting sites/apps for traders where the backtesting doesn't require programming?

Hi all, does anyone know of any good and ideally free backtesting sites/apps for traders where the backtesting doesn't require programming?

I'd like it for Forex, but also Indices and maybe stocks. I'd like to backtest strategies on different markets such as buy if RSI is over 30 or say 20 EMA crosses 50 EMA or fibonacci retracements etc. I have looked at Metatrader and TradingView but both seem to require coding. Forextester seems to be a possibility, but it's quite pricey. I don't need it to be glamourous just need it to show trades and profits.

Hi all, does anyone know of any good and ideally free backtesting sites/apps for traders where the backtesting doesn't require programming?

I'd like it for Forex, but also Indices and maybe stocks. I'd like to backtest strategies on different markets such as buy if RSI is over 30 or say 20 EMA crosses 50 EMA or fibonacci retracements etc. I have looked at Metatrader and TradingView but both seem to require coding. Forextester seems to be a possibility, but it's quite pricey. I don't need it to be glamourous just need it to show trades and profits.
you could take a look at ProRealTime. Which allows you to create simple backtests based on indicator parameters, and then for the more complex it requires knowledge of coding. from what you describe it seems most appropriate
Portfolio Visualiser is another free site but the backtests are only based on a very small criteria, such as Averages and Momentum and your choice of instruments is very limited
Other than those (and as you say TradingView) I'm not aware of that many free ones
I backtest everything in Amibroker, i have to code what i want, although its never really that complex and you have to pay a small amount for it.
Just some suggestions..seems like the first option may suit your needs however
Good Luck

you could take a look at ProRealTime. Which allows you to create simple backtests based on indicator parameters, and then for the more complex it requires knowledge of coding. from what you describe it seems most appropriate
Portfolio Visualiser is another free site but the backtests are only based on a very small criteria, such as Averages and Momentum and your choice of instruments is very limited
Other than those (and as you say TradingView) I'm not aware of that many free ones
I backtest everything in Amibroker, i have to code what i want, although its never really that complex and you have to pay a small amount for it.
Just some suggestions..seems like the first option may suit your needs however
Good Luck
Thanks that's really appreciated, I'll have another look at ProRealtime, might be free through me broker but i think they'll charge a little bit. :)

MetaTrader 4/5 is a highly popular platform among traders, primarily used for automated trading with Expert Advisors. To fully utilize its capabilities, some programming skills are necessary. MetaTrader is its provision for manual backtesting as well. You can easily use built-in indicators like RSI or moving average crossovers, and manually analyze how your strategy would have performed based on historical data. This feature is especially convenient if you're not too keen on diving deep into coding.

On the other hand, there's also QuantConnect, which is a bit different. While it does require some programming, its interface is quite user-friendly, making it a suitable choice for those looking to create more complex algorithmic strategies. QuantConnect steps up the game by offering a more advanced approach compared to MetaTrader, especially for traders who want to experiment with more intricate strategies across various markets. It's an ideal platform for those ready to embrace some level of coding to achieve more tailored and sophisticated trading strategies.

MetaTrader 4/5 is a highly popular platform among traders, primarily used for automated trading with Expert Advisors. To fully utilize its capabilities, some programming skills are necessary. MetaTrader is its provision for manual backtesting as well. You can easily use built-in indicators like RSI or moving average crossovers, and manually analyze how your strategy would have performed based on historical data. This feature is especially convenient if you're not too keen on diving deep into coding.

On the other hand, there's also QuantConnect, which is a bit different. While it does require some programming, its interface is quite user-friendly, making it a suitable choice for those looking to create more complex algorithmic strategies. QuantConnect steps up the game by offering a more advanced approach compared to MetaTrader, especially for traders who want to experiment with more intricate strategies across various markets. It's an ideal platform for those ready to embrace some level of coding to achieve more tailored and sophisticated trading strategies.
Thanks that's really useful :)

Fxreplay does the job … I spent ours and ours on that. With that being said, forward testing is the best thing you can do. And yes, it takes time.