Backtest Volatility Stop

Fran8

Please can anyone help me and backtest (since I dont have the software) to find the best Volatility stop to use to exit trades with a random entry

Thanks

This is an impossible question to answer without more information such as what market, what time frame etc.

Sorry for the little information.

For a daily timeframe and the buy signal a 50 day breakout.

The exit will be the volatility stop- That is why I will like to find the best volatility stop exit.

The markets I prefer stocks but will be happy if is backtested in other markets.

Kind regards

you say you don't have the software.

prorealtime is free, has a backtest module, has a broad stocks choice, matches your required timeframe, am I missing something?

I have been trying it but no a clue how to use it, volatility stop indicator is not in the platform

If someone could help me out I would really appreciated
Thanks

I have been trying it but no a clue how to use it, volatility stop indicator is not in the platform

If someone could help me out I would really appreciated
Thanks

I'm guessing that if you don't know how to run the backtest, asking if you could not just knock up a volatility stop indicator in their builder may be a stretch then?

Yes I know how to use the backtest of prorealtime but I do not know who to programme and they do not have the volatility stop indicator.

But yes basically is really streching it

had a quick go for you this morning.

obviously not actually what you asked for I know.

I've taken big liberties with the 50 bit of your request, hopefully I've captured the essence of what you wanted??? and also the stop is definitely not what you were after but seemed to work ok'ish

Attachments

• 50 ma.PNG
    50 ma.PNG
    110.1 KB · Views: 294
  • 50 ma2.PNG
    50 ma2.PNG
    139.1 KB · Views: 246
Thanks for doing the backtest, i will try to see how can I build the volatility stop and include it in the scan, apparently in prorealtime the have programmers that do it for you, I will have to wait couple of weeks but is better than nothing.