Automated trading systems and signals

cu2

Looking around for an automated trading system. Found this website.
http://www.trader-signals.eu/tradesignals/automated_trading.htm

This system handles FX and has a free Demo account where you can choose upto 200 systems.
Plus what I don't understand is the systems are all free!

I would appreciate you getting back to me with your recomendations or comments on trading this way. :p

But are any of the 200 any good, thats the important question, they may all be functional, highly sophisticated, but NON-PROFITABLE trading systems.

Tryed the free demo account?

But are any of the 200 any good, thats the important question, they may all be functional, highly sophisticated, but NON-PROFITABLE trading systems.

Your absolutly right but they give you the oppertunatey to try them out on a demo account for free. I would hope that you can view performance reports on systems aswell. I'm on holidays soon and I want to make the most of the 30 trial days so it would be nice to get some feedback from others who have tryed it.:p

Your absolutly right but they give you the oppertunatey to try them out on a demo account for free. I would hope that you can view performance reports on systems aswell. I'm on holidays soon and I want to make the most of the 30 trial days so it would be nice to get some feedback from others who have tryed it.:p

Hello cu2,

I presume the set-up is similar to that offered by C2 autotrading of forex, FXCM's auto-trader and FX-auto.

You choose the systems and are charged, I believe, a further pip spread which goes to the signal provider. So they aren't "free" as such.

Advantages are the ability to operate more diversified systems without being stung by high signal fees. Possible disadvantages are the signal providers profiting from more, (rather than quality)signals.

Cheers,
UTB

Last edited:
Hello cu2,

I presume the set-up is similar to that offered by C2 autotrading of forex, FXCM's auto-trader and FX-auto.

You coose the systems and are charged, I believe, a further pip spread which goes to the signal provider. So they aren't "free" as such.

Advantages are the ability to operate more diversified systems without being stung by high signal fees. Posible disadvantages are the signal providers pforiting from more, (rather than quality)signals.

Cheers,
UTB

Yes

Suggest a look at the small print is in order. Costs and commissions are hefty.

The man who always wins is the man selling the tickets.....

Yes

Suggest a look at the small print is in order. Costs and commissions are hefty.

The man who always wins is the man selling the tickets.....

Thanks rols,

Are you suggesting that there are other charges than the wider spread?

If so, what?

If not - what does the small print tell me - why not just factor in the wider spread into the average profit per trade (I believe the platforms do this)?

Anyone interested in such systems might check out somebody who actually does use them - on www.fx245.com I don't actually use this type of sevice (but I might in future;) )

Cheers,
UTB

Comissions not bad

I don't know about you but I don't think that the costs are very high.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Quoted from the website.
Low-Cost:

Subscribing to all of the signal providers offered by ProSignal would cost you thousands of dollars per MONTH! However, you receive access to ALL of them for the low cost of just $1 per 10k lot round-turn.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
There is also a list of systems with the performance, drawdowns etc. Not bad. Will be looking forward to see how the trail goes.http://www.prosignalfx.com/autotrade

cu2, you've cracked it ! Congratulations !! While the rest of us sad mugs have been spending 12-16 hours a day preparing to trade* and trading, you've hit the nail on the head. It's so obvious i don't know why i didn't think of it before. just use a free automatic system, hit the beach and let the profits roll in. where do i sign up ?

* i maybe only make 4 or 5 trades per month, but chart analysis, updates, postion re-assignment etc is a full time job for me. Silly really, i should just automate everything.

Congrates again on your first step to untold fame and fortune.

Where do I sign up?

cu2, It's so obvious i don't know why i didn't think of it before. just use a free automatic system, hit the beach and let the profits roll in. where do i sign up ?

* i maybe only make 4 or 5 trades per month, but chart analysis, updates, postion re-assignment etc is a full time job for me. Silly really, i should just automate everything.

Congrates again on your first step to untold fame and fortune.

Thanks for the complements. It's really not my work.Where to sign up? its easy just follow the link above, scroll down and hit the button that says Free demo sign up now, or go directly to the order page.
I'm off on holidays:cool:

Looking around for an automated trading system. Found this website.
http://www.trader-signals.eu/tradesignals/automated_trading.htm

This system handles FX and has a free Demo account where you can choose upto 200 systems.
Plus what I don't understand is the systems are all free!

I would appreciate you getting back to me with your recomendations or comments on trading this way. :p
I saw a blurb at cllective2.com that said they had free forex systems because the brokers make money off the spread. So they give out free systems which you then trade, off which they profit from spreads.

As with any/all systems, invluding mine, all that matters is the results you produce in real time after slippage, taxes, commissions etc.

Thanks rols,

Are you suggesting that there are other charges than the wider spread?

If so, what?

If not - what does the small print tell me - why not just factor in the wider spread into the average profit per trade (I believe the platforms do this)?

Anyone interested in such systems might check out somebody who actually does use them - on FX245 I don't actually use this type of sevice (but I might in future;) )

Cheers,
UTB

You're welcome to check out FX245, the world's first social network for forex autotraders. more then 750 autotraders have joined already and exchange experiences.

Cheers, FX245.

Hello guys,
do you think I can make money of autotrading forex? IF so can you tell me which platform/s to use?

Hello guys,
do you think I can make money of autotrading forex? IF so can you tell me which platform/s to use?

Hello guys,

there is a website called collective2.com where all manner of trading systems are publicly and independently audited.

Most don't end up doing well, including mine, but the web site IS a public audit, no hype, no distortion.

I would tend to trust what I see there much more than any advertising website.

Hope that helps.

there is a website called collective2.com where all manner of trading systems are publicly and independently audited.

Most don't end up doing well, including mine, but the web site IS a public audit, no hype, no distortion.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for the advice.I didn't know it also exists. I will try it out.

Whoa...where do you see that anywhere on the site??
Please read the disclaimer on the bottom of every page of the site:

collective2 Disclaimer said:
On this page, and others within this Web site, you are going to read about trading systems and their performance. These results are based on simulated or hypothetical performance results that have certain inherent limitations. Unlike the results shown in an actual performance record, these results do not represent actual trading. Also, because these trades have not actually been executed, these results may have under-or over-compensated for the impact, if any, of certain market factors, such as lack of liquidity. Simulated or hypothetical trading programs in general are also subject to the fact that they are designed with the benefit of hindsight. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to these being shown.

You might also read item #19 of their terms of service.

Peter

Whoa...where do you see that anywhere on the site??
Please read the disclaimer on the bottom of every page of the site:

You might also read item #19 of their terms of service.

Peter

Morning Pete, I stand corrected and thank you. Do you know of any sites I can check out which do a better job at that?

Tia, Steve

Thank you for the advice.I didn't know it also exists. I will try it out.

Morning again Robert, Pete makes an excellent observation as to the limitations C2 themselves points out.

I know there are at least 2 other sites which try to give an unbiased audit - timertrac and covestor.

Subject to what Pete pointed out, however, even with the disclaimers, I find the numbers at C2 easier to understand than Timertrac or covestor.

jmho

Thank you all guys, for the nice comments.Thought, I would like to check out all of the systems...a trial version won't hurt anybody, i guess ;)

Hope that helps.

I managed to go for a free account, liked a lot Qusifx and pipalert (for forex signals), but when I went to subscribe to them, in order to follow I had to enter my credit card details..mm not so save over the internet ...i thought it was a free demo :(