Auto trading

Reds28

I have demo traded one of my strategies and now want to start live with it. However, given that it requires patience because it requires 3 or 4 indicators lining up in a certain way, I want to auto trade it. Never done any auto trading it before. Can people please people tell me how complex are these auto trading platforms offered by the major brokers. How many conditions can we set? I just want to set and forget. It trades any time the conditions are met.

Also, is it possible to demo trade auto trading because I want to be sure it doesn't mess up once everything has been initiated.

Is it good to start auto trading when you are going to start your trading period?

First can you please elaborate on what does auto-trading mean for you? What exactly you want to achieve with auto trading? E.g. do you want to generate signals based on some simple criteria for your further evaluation "in person" or fully automated trading?

MT4 has it own "auto trading" features regardless of broker.
Many brokers offer APIs:
  1. Usually REST API,
  2. some offer proprietary solutions (Dukas, FXCM)
  3. and some also offer FIX protocol (Darwinex, Fxpig)
  4. some do offer "mix" of above like Darwinex's ZeroMQ connector which is Python binding for MT4's MQL

On top of API you can build your "own" algotrading processes, it really depends on what you are aiming for

Last edited:
Auto trading is a vast array of options. I personally use trade managers to manage trades but i wouldnt be too interested in full auto trading

You have to find out a tremendous programmar who has good knowledge about trading as well. Explain your strategy and ask him to explain you back. Once it is ready, apply on demo account at least for a month. Then, you may start trading live with that auto trading software. I personally do not think auto trading is a good idea. If you strategy is good, trade manually and keep all the command at your own hand.

Yeah you can test them on demo but I'm yet to find an EA that works long term. You will need a programmer to do it. Attempting it yourself is inviting stress headaches.

Good idea to automate your strategy especially if you have back tested it and gives you an edge.
Get a programmer to do it for you might cost you a bit but save you all the headaches of doing it

Personally, I never got into auto trading. Just didn't trust it. However, I'd love to know if it worked out for you?