attention deal4free users.....anyone else has this problem?

andrewmooton

Hi there,

Today I made a buy trade on usd/cad with deal4free which I closed for an 11 pip profit.

I also had a stoploss which I manually cancelled in the pending orders blotter straight after I closed the buy trade.

To my horror, about half an hour later I found out that my stoploss had been activated which I had subsequently cancelled, which then activated a trade which I wasnt aware of causing me to lose 22 pips.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Im starting to think that the stories i've heared about them are true.

If i recall correctly you have to confirm (Y/N) after you press cancel, you probably didnt do that
or you pressed N by mistake. Easily done.

Indeed!

andrewmooton said:
Hi there,

Today I made a buy trade on usd/cad with deal4free which I closed for an 11 pip profit.

I also had a stoploss which I manually cancelled in the pending orders blotter straight after I closed the buy trade.

To my horror, about half an hour later I found out that my stoploss had been activated which I had subsequently cancelled, which then activated a trade which I wasnt aware of causing me to lose 22 pips.

This happened to me earlier this year. It was about 8:30pm and I closed all open positions and cancelled all stops. The next day I logged on (why I don't know as I was about to go off on holiday but if I hadn't......) and discovered to my horror that I had three open bets.

What turned out to have happened was that the stops had been triggered over an hour before I closed the bets but this had not been reflected in the client positions blotter nor the pending orders blotter.

They eventually paid up and recommended viewing trading/client reports/Current Positions before logging out. This is something I now always do.

If you send me your e-mail I can copy you the e-mail correspondence.

andrewmooton said:
Hi there,

Yes iv had things happen to me like that with d4f sb. Take a screen shot in future and get on the phone asap, as long as they are in the wrong they should put things right. Or at least in my experience ;)

Its all sorted now.

The mistake I made is exactly how donaldduke described.

I am satisfied no underhand tactics were used and I withdraw any implication that d4f cheated me.

HOWEVER!

I think d4f could do alot more to explain to new users how to use the software. Perhaps give them a walkthrough like FXCM does.

I cant see any instructions on their help website on how to cancel a stop order from the pending orders blotter.

The reason I thought it was cancelled was because the stop order dissappeared when I pressed cancel.