At Least?

RUDEBOY

Experienced member
In this day and age, there is no blame for an individuals actions, you know where i am comming from. Let's say we are left with the markets? Well, for all you PC folk out there, you can't touch the markets, can you? GOOD! The thing is about the markets, you are either right or wrong! Don't blame anybody for getting it wrong, yellows. Accept it! People in this day and age can't accept blame. Blame is not fashionable!

Edited by Rossored for content

Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Yes ! That is why there are so few on the one side and so many on the other.....funny....:LOL:

Socs, good to see you again. I was giving up hope. I'll PM you matey. Nice to see you again matey!

RUDEBOY said:
Socs, good to see you again. I was giving up hope. I'll PM you matey. Nice to see you again matey!
Ok, anytime.

Allow me to explain to them what you mean, just a simple outline.

People nowadays are encouraged NOT to take responsibility for their own actions and instead encouraged to BLAME OTHER PEOPLE and THINGS for their own shortcomings and ineptitudes.

As a result of this, this generation and generations to follow are being dumbed down, and the result is very nearly everyone being treated as if they were children, without realising they are the architects of their own misfortunes, that include more invasiveness, more regulation, more "laws", more interfering, more intrusion, more nanny state ediction, less freedom,. less personal and collective responsibility, and hence much lower integrity levels. The result of this is lower levels of individual and collective awareness.

Without awareness there cannot be initiative, resolve, decisiveness, choice, integrity, or in the end analysis,and, eventually and ultimately, freedom of any sort.

If you are a thinker rather than a daydreamer, you will shudder, and if not, not.

The trouble is, that everyone has to suffer the effects of this dereliction in one way or another.

Last edited:
Very fair point,
in that many systems - including markets - operate in complete ignorance of what the individual participant might want, surmise, or feel. The market will go one way, I will trade that way or another, if the two don't coincide it is just stupid for me to 'blame' anyone/thing but myself for the fact I lost - nobody is 100% perfect though, so I might do the same in the same circumstances and win next time, if I lose more than I win I need to knock the tactic on the head as soon as I can however. I might have a good idea, but it won't pan out every time - I need to recognise if my plan is sound or not, and throw the bad ideas away.

BUT, I also need to take responsibility for what I do - if I post in an inflammatory manner then I will make it hard for (A) Myself, and (B) Others to apply logical rules consistently - as a general rule emotion is a destructive influence in trading and if I am fuming about a perceived insult I will not apply my intelligence as best I ought. So the disciplined trader is polite, and if he/she disagrees strongly with another then he/she says 'I disagree strongly' without resorting to insult, as that is emotion laden and destructve to both recipient and sender. It is therefore helpful, when somebody is gratuitously offensive, to attempt to guide them towards a less emotive path.

It's not PC, it's called 'growing up'.

By the way,
I agree wholeheartedly with your comment about people not accepting blame - it is alarming how many reach the stage of 'adult' without actually accepting that very little happens in life that we don't cause to occur.... what happens to us is almost always the end of a chain of events we set in motion ourselves.

The prediliction for some to sue the hammer maker when they run a six inch nail through their feet (sometimes twice, a few seconds apart, not having noticed the problem the first time) is a scathing indictment of humanity en masse. Cattle, frankly, are brighter than humans in large numbers.

SOCRATES said:
People nowadays are encouraged NOT to take responsibility for their own actions and instead encouraged to BLAME OTHER PEOPLE and THINGS for their own shortcomings and ineptitudes.

As a result of this, this generation and generations to follow are being dumbed down, and the result is very nearly everyone being treated as if they were children, without realising they are the architects of their own misfortunes, that include more invasiveness, more regulation, more "laws", more interfering, more intrusion, more nanny state ediction, less freedom,. less personal and collective responsibility, and hence much lower integrity levels. The result of this is lower levels of individual and collective awareness.

Without awareness there cannot be initiative, resolve, decisiveness, choice, integrity, or in the end analysis,and, eventually and ultimately, freedom of any sort.

If you are a thinker rather than a daydreamer, you will shudder, and if not, not.

The trouble is, that everyone has to suffer the effects of this dereliction in one way or another.

Spot on!

DaveJB said:
Very fair point,
in that many systems - including markets - operate in complete ignorance of what the individual participant might want, surmise, or feel. The market will go one way, I will trade that way or another, if the two don't coincide it is just stupid for me to 'blame' anyone/thing but myself for the fact I lost - nobody is 100% perfect though, so I might do the same in the same circumstances and win next time, if I lose more than I win I need to knock the tactic on the head as soon as I can however. I might have a good idea, but it won't pan out every time - I need to recognise if my plan is sound or not, and throw the bad ideas away.

BUT, I also need to take responsibility for what I do - if I post in an inflammatory manner then I will make it hard for (A) Myself, and (B) Others to apply logical rules consistently - as a general rule emotion is a destructive influence in trading and if I am fuming about a perceived insult I will not apply my intelligence as best I ought. So the disciplined trader is polite, and if he/she disagrees strongly with another then he/she says 'I disagree strongly' without resorting to insult, as that is emotion laden and destructve to both recipient and sender. It is therefore helpful, when somebody is gratuitously offensive, to attempt to guide them towards a less emotive path.

It's not PC, it's called 'growing up'.
Hello Dave, there is a lot in your commendable post above that merits expansion, would you like to do it, or shall I ?

It is indeed a pleasure to see you posting again.

Kind Regards.

Good evening Socrates,
posting again, and posting too much! Like many people I can't resist a good argument....
Feel free to exapnd on any point above - generally speaking I put as much as I think people need into each point, but sometimes it transpires that further comment is useful.

Contrary to what some of the 'rude' posters might think, I agree with their survival of the fittest approach to a large extent - but the insulting and bad behaviour should be recognised as a loss of control that needs to be dealt with or it will interfere with the main purpose. I don't think trading is an area in which most people can afford to be too readily diverted.

Anybody who genuinely believes it is possible to learn in a disruptive atmosphere should start reading 'The Times Educational Supplement' and the like - if teenaged pupils with their agile minds find it increasingly difficult to study effectively in a troubled environment, then why should the same not apply online to adults?

SOCRATES said:
Ok, anytime.

Allow me to explain to them what you mean, just a simple outline.

Oh Purpleness- you are BACK (I know you like caps)

Awareness is subjective, there can be initiative, resolve, etc (as you state above), without awareness, but just maybe not your preferred initiative, resolve etc. - that's why you (and I) can lose money in the market..

There is no abosolute awareness (cf truth).

This generation is being dumbed down, and future generations, I agree, But we havent seen the real Socrates for 2000+ years, in his sense every subsequent generation has been "dumbed down"..

And yet, by some measures we seem to have made progress.

Funny Old World, eh?

DaveJB said:
Good evening Socrates,
posting again, and posting too much! Like many people I can't resist a good argument....
Feel free to exapnd on any point above - generally speaking I put as much as I think people need into each point, but sometimes it transpires that further comment is useful.

Contrary to what some of the 'rude' posters might think, I agree with their survival of the fittest approach to a large extent - but the insulting and bad behaviour should be recognised as a loss of control that needs to be dealt with or it will interfere with the main purpose. I don't think trading is an area in which most people can afford to be too readily diverted.

Anybody who genuinely believes it is possible to learn in a disruptive atmosphere should start reading 'The Times Educational Supplement' and the like - if teenaged pupils with their agile minds find it increasingly difficult to study effectively in a troubled environment, then why should the same not apply online to adults?
Hello Sir,

I am wholeheartedly committed to the concept of survival of the fittest, and only the fittest. And for this reason any diversion of attention is to be welcomed, because just imagine what it would be like if everyone had the ability to keep their eye accurately on the ball all the time, and to clock what would happen next, result ~ untradeable markets.

I have to attend to another matter at the moment, so I don't have enough time to attend properly to the discussion at this moment, but I will return to give the topic in hand the proper attention it merits.

Kind Regards.

SOCRATES said:
Hello Sir,

just imagine what it would be like if everyone had the ability to keep their eye accurately on the ball all the time, and to clock what would happen next, result ~ untradeable markets.

Now, I do have some deep down umm spec of faith that people gradually working towards evolving of self and its ever increasing effect on trading markets.

I think or guess theres a good century or two left , but thats the thing....... will it ever work out that way... And thinking about it, even if you could help another, then should you? A part of me knows in a way that the individual "Has" to go through difficulties to learn to be different, its that experience for each individual which will act as a natural filter, selection or "self" selection maybe.

So how long left , information overload and the net helps in both ways, too much info at the same time easier than ever before on the planet (as far as I know at this point) to access gateways to gaining knowledge.

hmm thinking about it, countries wont allow young foxes to become wise before their time would they?

fxmarkets said:
Now, I do have some deep down umm spec of faith that people gradually working towards evolving of self and its ever increasing effect on trading markets.

I think or guess theres a good century or two left , but thats the thing....... will it ever work out that way... And thinking about it, even if you could help another, then should you? A part of me knows in a way that the individual "Has" to go through difficulties to learn to be different, its that experience for each individual which will act as a natural filter, selection or "self" selection maybe.

So how long left , information overload and the net helps in both ways, too much info at the same time easier than ever before on the planet (as far as I know at this point) to access gateways to gaining knowledge.

hmm thinking about it, countries wont allow young foxes to become wise before their time would they?
Yes, correct.