Best Thread ASK ME ANYTHING: Hoping to Help!

Sorry again for the delay in responding. The return of volatility across markets has been keeping me busy and I've had a few personal commitments on top so only just getting round to catching up with this thread.

Kingpush- I can't improve on timsk answer so suggest you go with that. Only thing I would say is be careful how much you're staking right now. Conservation of capital is most of what trading is about.

Aag100 - I'm no expert on algo prop trading. I can tell you that algo market making desks are constantly adjusting their models as they start to lose effectiveness pretty quickly. As far as medium /low frequency from what I understand it can be anything from a few weeks to a few years of performance before they begin to fade. I have a friend in commods that has been running the same model for a few years now and still making good money from it. He uses an input that the rest of the market doesn't consider. When that changes he will lose his edge. Generally most institutions will be able to automate trading pretty easily. Most institutions won't let traders go live with a strategy that they don't have successful thorough back testing for so in order to backrest effectively they're likely to be writing most of the logic that is required to run the strategy automatically anyway.

Piphoe - I mentioned earlier I think. I have traded all asset classes to some degree. I have most experience in macro products particularly rates and fx. I have least experience in commods. I have also traded credit and equities. Never traded anything less liquid than investment grade corporate bonds (Mind you they can be pretty illiquid at times...). Why do I trade everything? Some I have been led in to via my career and opportunities that presented themselves over the years. Some I have a natural interest in but mainly I will apply a similar approach across all asset classes. As we move through the various cycles certain asset classes are more lucrative than others. I think there is much to be gained in seeing the bigger picture through all assets. If you can piece them all together it helps massively at the trade level.

Last edited:
Hey! I'm new-ish to trading, and am trying to get some tips on the best way I could go about making a steady $30-50 profit a day with a $10,000 account with margin. I don't have the patience or stomach for longer trades, so I prefer day trading. Also, I've only read about stocks. I don't know much about forex or any of those things. Any advice?

Hey! I'm new-ish to trading, and am trying to get some tips on the best way I could go about making a steady $30-50 profit a day with a $10,000 account with margin. I don't have the patience or stomach for longer trades, so I prefer day trading. Also, I've only read about stocks. I don't know much about forex or any of those things. Any advice?
Hi Branjohn03,
Welcome to T2W.

Your request, or should I say quest, is a common one. A small, consistent return of the kind you're after from a $10k account sounds reasonable enough. Unfortunately, the markets don't work that way. This is not like a job where you do the work and receive remuneration for your time. You could spend years learning your craft or, at least, trying to - and never make a dime. If you're willing to embrace that possibility - go for it. You'll have to do that if you're to succeed, as you'll certainly never get anywhere if you don't. There's no get rich quick, no book or magic system that enables you - and millions of others like you - to achieve your seemingly modest goal quickly and easily. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it's better that you understand what you're getting into from the get go, than for this realization to creep over you after many frustrating months (or years), money lost and hundreds if not thousands of hours spent staring at a computer screen just like you're doing now.

If this doesn't put you off and you're still keen to pursue it, I suggest you start by checking out the links in the welcome e-mail you were sent when you registered with T2W. Enjoy!
Tim.

I've been looking for a McNicholl ma cross indicator signal for MT4 platform without success.
Does anyone have such an indicator?
Thank you.
George

Guaranteed Stop Entry, Market Open Order & Market Limit Order

Hi, thanks for the offer of help. Do you know any brokers that offer Guaranteed Stop Entry, Market Open Order or Market Limit Orders and are appropriate for new traders in the UK.

Basically I like to trade the market opening but any success so far is stunted by slippage.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to put a Stop Entry Order on whilst the market is closed and get that price.

For example:
I placed a Stop Entry Order to sell GBP/USD at 1.2178 yesterday (whilst the market was closed). The 'on-screen' or closing price was 1.2181. My order didn't execute until it was already at 1.1985. I therefore missed any profit as it bounced into my trailing stop/loss.

Thanks in advance for any insight.