tar

Legendary member
10,443 1,313
FYI , take a look at these statements :

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/166016-95-lose-6.html#post2068914

a quick google, the stats for Tuco were

206 traders

33 were profitable (16% of total)

7 had accounts > $50k in profits (3% of total)

So 26 people of those 33 were profitable, but not enough to make >50K a year, how many of those 26 would have eventually called it quits? i reckon most would have eventually found a better paying line of work..

tar

Legendary member
10,443 1,313
that study was done in 2007, so its not 100% reliable, it does show however the good professional traders vs the traders who were just riding the bull. just saying.

It just shows you that most traders lose including prop traders , i'm sure winners % will not change dramatically from 2007 to 2013 it even could be lower now because of low volatility ....

C

cablemonster

0 0
It just shows you that most traders lose including prop traders , i'm sure winners % will not change dramatically from 2007 to 2013 it even could be lower now because of low volatility ....

do you not think there is a touch of confirmation and/or survivorship bias when looking at the accounts of a prop firm that went into receivership?

just sayin :sleep:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock