Arcade with no desk fees?

TWI

2,516 246
JO, why do you care?

Anybody find out about these Free deskfee guys yet?

jimmy1

109 0
i like the cdealer room and also the feel of going out to work etc.. but the costs are alot more although at home one may not do the kind of size they would in a dealing room :confused:

charliechan

Experienced member
1,008 119
JP1966 said:
Be interested to hear where everyone trades from on here - from home or an arade type set up. If you trade from home- why? I used to trade from home but much prefer trading in a 'dealing' room . Maybe I should start this as another thread as a topic on its own.
exactly the opposite reasons to you!!

i prefer the silence and concentration from home

i do see some of the benefits you talk about and extremely valid though - but some not so. bloomberg/reuters would be fatal for me as it would give me a bias. no thanks. as would others opinions.

i see the boredom trade as an issue that i used to suffer from - but now ive learnt discipline (not ment t o sound sarcastic)

SHarrison

18 0
the company may be, or may be similar to a spread betting company that has recently opened on devonshire row. they offer the promotion of no desk fees and their round trip costs also seem fairly competitive which was surprising. it is also a tax free way of trading as spread betting is tax exempt as far as im aware and the backing company is baed in gibralter.

i think the guys there are pretty successful traders and i know that most of their business has come from ipe guys that were not used to paying desk fees, although there are people trading everything up there. i dont know a huge amount about spread betting and from wehat ive heard about secondary markets etc, it doesnt sound like its for me but tax free and no desk fee will help attract the masses

A Dashing Blade

Experienced member
1,373 170
SHarrison said:
the company may be, or may be similar to a spread betting company that has recently opened on devonshire row. they offer the promotion of no desk fees and their round trip costs also seem fairly competitive which was surprising. it is also a tax free way of trading as spread betting is tax exempt as far as im aware and the backing company is baed in gibralter.
So that'll be FuturesBetting then?

http://www.financial-spread-betting.com/Futuresbetting.html for a good overview of how they work

Directional

Experienced member
1,992 251
trouble with this idea is that if you are a pro trader, or if SB is your main source of income, then the inland revenue will make you pay tax on SB income anyway.

jondoe

38 1
It seems that all the companies now are trying different ways to get traders through the door. If they are not charging desk fees then how are they paying for their overheads? There has to be a catch somewere and for them to match any commissions is just stupid, some of the deals you can get now from say Refco or Fortis are so cheap there is no way this company can make money.

Doesn't seem to add up somehow