Appreciate your help

JakeF

Hi Everyone

I am in my third year of university. Could you please take a few minutes to participate in my questionnaire for my dissertation. It is concerned with how psychological tendencies can affect investors (inexperienced or experienced) when deciding to invest in shares.

You do not need to have any experience in buying or selling shares to be eligible to fill out the questionnaires.

It would be a great help and I will be very grateful for your contribution.

Thank you for your time.

The link to my questionnaire is below.

http://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/chichester/shares

Jake

Hi Jake,

Perhaps you could clarify what you mean by traditional finance and behavioral finance. Are you talking about fundamental and technical analysis?

Hi, sorry for the lack of clarity it was more a question to see if people had basic knowledge about the broad aspects of behavioural finance and traditional finance. I wanted to see if investors were considering human behaviour before investing which is taking into account behavioural finance. Or if people believed that investors are rational and that markets are efficient so taking into account traditional finance.

I wanted to see if people considered any or all aspects of the broad elements of the two subjects, when it came to deciding to invest.

I hope this has helped to answer your question.

Jake

I would like to thank everyone who has responded so far. It has been a great help.

Hi, sorry for the lack of clarity it was more a question to see if people had basic knowledge about the broad aspects of behavioural finance and traditional finance. I wanted to see if investors were considering human behaviour before investing which is taking into account behavioural finance. Or if people believed that investors are rational and that markets are efficient so taking into account traditional finance.

I wanted to see if people considered any or all aspects of the broad elements of the two subjects, when it came to deciding to invest.

I hope this has helped to answer your question.

Jake

" Or if people believed that investors are rational and that markets are efficient"

lol... Markets are very efficient at taking from the irrational and giving to the rational. Of course most people 'think' they are rational .

Last edited:
Survey sent. Not sure of the perceived outcome rather suspect it is more to do with individualism versus herd mentality.

Thank you again for filling out my questionnaire. The responses have been a great help.