Anyone using tradestation to trade forex

g3flyer

Is anyone using tradestation 8.0 to trade forex?

I use it to trade futures but am thinking of starting forex on it.

I know that it uses a different platform to place orders.

Any one using it, can you comment on its ease of use and how good are the quotes.

Thanks in advance.

George

Hello George

yup I use TS 8.1 build 2172 and trade directly with RJOFX rather than with tradestation's version.

How good are the quotes? They match up with RJOFX - this platform is the GFT platform.
http://www.gftforex.com/products/dealbookfx/charting.asp

When and if TS gets to the point where you can trade automatically as with futures then I may switch. I have a thread on forex and you can look at my charts. gus

I have just started looking at auto-trading forex and it seems that you can link TS to FXCM.

Is anyone doing this and have any comments?

g3flyer said:
Is anyone using tradestation 8.0 to trade forex?

I use it to trade futures but am thinking of starting forex on it.

I know that it uses a different platform to place orders.

Any one using it, can you comment on its ease of use and how good are the quotes.

Thanks in advance.

George
How a couple days can make a change - I received a notice from Trade Station Securities y'day that begining this Sunday (July 17th) they are moving all the forex accounts from RJOFX over to Gain Capitiol. Naturally they call this part of an overall improvement - :LOL:
Only time will tell. Only 14 pairs can be traded, so that's no improvement. Doesn't affect me as I'm with RJOFX directly - but I will be watching the prices to see how they match up.

tradestation and fx

gus said:
Hello George

yup I use TS 8.1 build 2172 and trade directly with RJOFX rather than with tradestation's version.

How good are the quotes? They match up with RJOFX - this platform is the GFT platform.
http://www.gftforex.com/products/dealbookfx/charting.asp

When and if TS gets to the point where you can trade automatically as with futures then I may switch. I have a thread on forex and you can look at my charts. gus

Does RJOFX offer their own version of the TS 8? If someone wanted to use TS8 and RJOFX, how would one go about it?

Thanks,

cod0973 said:
Does RJOFX offer their own version of the TS 8? If someone wanted to use TS8 and RJOFX, how would one go about it?

Thanks,

I finally got my forex feed through tradestation8.

and yes they are changing this weekend to gain capital.

the way forex works in tradestation is that you use tradestation as the charting application and another program from rjobrien or now gain capital to enter and execute orders.

if you wanted to use rjobrien just open up an account through them and execute your orders through that platform.

you can still keep using tradestation as your feed.

keep in mind that if you dont have a funded account through tradestation they charge you a platform fee of around 250 dolllars intead of the norm 99.00 a month.

Just me 2 cents

hope it helps and thanks for everyones response

G3

On another note!!!!!!!!!!

On another note...

maybe we can start a thread on tradestation indicators and strategies that we use.

anyone interested...