Anyone see the Dax maintaining this new high?

random12345

Established member
The Euro responding very predictably to the news today (and to basic TA following yesterday's touching of ~1.313) and this generally (obviously) has a high correlation with the dax in terms of general moves, if not proportionate levels. The dax made a new 3 month high early today and has remarkably held on to this up until now - I honestly don't see this continuing, even if the overall trend does carry on eventually. I'm heavily short for 100 pts as of 7540 @ 16:23.

If anyone cares.

The Euro responding very predictably to the news today (and to basic TA following yesterday's touching of ~1.313) and this generally (obviously) has a high correlation with the dax in terms of general moves, if not proportionate levels. The dax made a new 3 month high early today and has remarkably held on to this up until now - I honestly don't see this continuing, even if the overall trend does carry on eventually. I'm heavily short for 100 pts as of 7540 @ 16:23.

If anyone cares.

I see it going to 7900 good luck with shorting something going up

I see it going to 7900 good luck with shorting something going up

Well you may be right of course, I'll quite enjoy riding it out if so, it reminds me of the bad old days. >60% move then? I assume you're going long on your convictions? ;)

double top on DAX, should go down, but nothing is certain

That calamitous fool Berlusconi netted me some cash today against the flow of Chinese news - added a stop to the 7465 retracement from the ~10:45 climax for 75 pts profit (it went on to retrace the whole way).

I'd still ignore me when it comes to futures and cash indices if I were you. I tend to let my losses run and keep my targets small. Perfect strategy.

That calamitous fool Berlusconi netted me some cash today against the flow of Chinese news - added a stop to the 7465 retracement from the ~10:45 climax for 75 pts profit (it went on to retrace the whole way).

I'd still ignore me when it comes to futures and cash indices if I were you. I tend to let my losses run and keep my targets small. Perfect strategy.

Congrats..I still see 7900 however

Seems like It will continue rising, hit the bottom at november 16th. I've been studying the index quite a while now, and although it produced a 3 month high I believe that if it doesn't produce some more highs in the following days the price will probably go sideways. Some of the stocks listed in the German exchange are perfoming very well, it all depends if they become the main movers of the index. I've only recently been studying the fundamentals of indexes and they seem a valuable tool indeed. I have a problem though, seems like I can't find anywhere on the internet the market capitalization value of each company listed on DAX. I've spent plenty of time searching, though the only thing I could find were some old data wihtout anyone upgrading them frequently. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance, and sorry for posting the question here, think it's quite related to the topic though..

Last edited:
Seems like It will continue rising, hit the bottom at november 16th. I've been studying the index quite a while now, and although it produced a 3 month high I believe that if it doesn't produce some more highs in the following days the price will probably go sideways. Some of the stocks listed in the German exchange are perfoming very well, it all depends if they become the main movers of the index. I've only recently been studying the fundamentals of indexes and they seem a valuable tool indeed. I have a problem though, seems like I can't find anywhere on the internet the market capitalization value of each company listed on DAX. I've spent plenty of time searching, though the only thing I could find were some old data wihtout anyone upgrading them frequently. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance, and sorry for posting the question here, think it's quite related to the topic though..

I was pretty confident about the 100 pts drop when I entered my short due to the bull channel buying that occurred on Thursday morning without the fundamentals in place and German economic contraction news the next day, but it has weathered the current situation well. As you say it may range and possibly break out upwards. Even then there will be more shorting opportunities. Especially if Berlusconi actually gets in. Definite profit to be made from his first public statement about no more austerity.

Yeah they don't make it easy:

Downloads | DAX-Indices.com

Open composition and indicators tab - download the "Composition Dax" XLS file and it's under column AF. Updated pretty much every day I believe.

Surely news regarding Berlusconi will have an impact on the markets, though he will surely have limited power relative to his last term. Plus I don't think there is much room for maneuvering, especially if he can't consolidate his relations with Hollande, he will have much less options to act on his own. Berlusconi's popularity has hit rock bottom, if he manages to be PM he will be in a dead end. If he claims no more austerity is to be implemented at the Italian people he will be forced to fool them since the Europeans won't be convinced and probably demand additional measures. If the Italians themselves don't believe him then his goverment will probably be short lived ( especially if he can't manage the borrowing costs) and push Italy into a political crisis. Wild guesses.. Thank you very much for the link, it'll prove most usefull!

Surely news regarding Berlusconi will have an impact on the markets, though he will surely have limited power relative to his last term. Plus I don't think there is much room for maneuvering, especially if he can't consolidate his relations with Hollande, he will have much less options to act on his own. Berlusconi's popularity has hit rock bottom, if he manages to be PM he will be in a dead end. If he claims no more austerity is to be implemented at the Italian people he will be forced to fool them since the Europeans won't be convinced and probably demand additional measures. If the Italians themselves don't believe him then his goverment will probably be short lived ( especially if he can't manage the borrowing costs) and push Italy into a political crisis. Wild guesses.. Thank you very much for the link, it'll prove most usefull!

You might be right - second guessing the implications of news is rarely profitable though as I'm sure you know - I prefer a balance of good and bad where the technicals tend to win through in the end. All the bad news that flooded in after Bernanke's QE was ignored until it got to technical resistance and then bang... now we're back up again.

:DDax will probably close the gap it left from the start of the year at 7662 before it continues on to new highs, depends how deep your pockets are and where u have your stops, daily chart still bullish but MIND THE GAP !(y):cool:

:DDax will probably close the gap it left from the start of the year at 7662 before it continues on to new highs, depends how deep your pockets are and where u have your stops, daily chart still bullish but MIND THE GAP !(y):cool:

nothing like joining the party late..its already reached 7800

where did i mention 7800 ? that is my view from today ! Glad u can pick the top of markets !

Well Magaluti, i got your email, came on the thread and now its gone ! so here it is !

you didn't, you mentioned that the Dax will "probably" close the gap at 7662.

I wouldnt say that was probable would you..given that it has like I say already surpassed that by almost 200 points.

Good call Gekko...you might be right there :clap:

There is a gap on the cash market from 7662 to the low from yesterday so YES there is a gap u fool ! this will eventually get closed, so your very wrong there ! Secondly people post on these forums looking for advice people ideas ect, they dont like people like yoursaelf who come on here and talk rubbish as u have nothing better to do ! youve only probably been trading for a few years anyway ! you are the reason people stop posting becuase they dont want to talk to morons !

Well Magaluti, i got your email, came on the thread and now its gone ! so here it is !

you didn't, you mentioned that the Dax will "probably" close the gap at 7662.

I wouldnt say that was probable would you..given that it has like I say already surpassed that by almost 200 points.

Good call Gekko...you might be right there :clap:

There is a gap on the cash market from 7662 to the low from yesterday so YES there is a gap u fool ! this will eventually get closed, so your very wrong there ! Secondly people post on these forums looking for advice people ideas ect, they dont like people like yoursaelf who come on here and talk rubbish as u have nothing better to do ! youve only probably been trading for a few years anyway ! you are the reason people stop posting becuase they dont want to talk to morons !

thats the reason why it was deleted. I saw what you meant. jeez lighten up