Anyone play Penny stocks/ Shorts

emery54

Hi There,

Im new to this site....posted one thread yesterday (check it out and answer if you can) about being new to all this and looking for a brokerage account that I can buy/sell/short penny stocks. Ive traded penny stocks a few times but of course...lost money. I have a few long term investments but I find it boring and want to start day trading penny stocks.

Just looking to talk to some people who have experience trading penny stocks whether its buy/sell or shorting them. Would love to hear what works best for you etc...

Hope to hear from some people

Spread is generally a killer with those stocks. You're better off holding them for short to medium term.

I wouldn't day trade penny stocks. The costs are too high for me on some of them. You could be looking at a 4% move just to break even on a trade.

:eek: Daytrade penny stocks, no way.
As masq said the spread will kill you.
1 week or more as swing trades at least.

Oh and FFS IGNORE crap tip sheets and people on message boards.
Do your own research, follow the IB money, watch Time and sales for orders larger than £50K - follow that money, anything lower than £50K is most likely clueless retail money.

Only take trades on concrete moves or news, not chart patterns or any of that mystic sh1te. Some say IB money only goes in on concrete news/results etc due to them having to be more careful, wheras PI's justify taking cr@p positions in languishing no hopers in the vain hope of more upside (its really just gambling).

Best advice - follow the investment banks money, learn how to spot their trades, time of day and size are clues.
If you don't understand anything I just said, stay away from penny stocks altogether.

I like very much to play penny stocks. Really thanks for sharing this information it will really help starters to know about Penny stocks.

Pennyplayersclub.com

SillyBilly - anyone else reading this be aware that penny stocks invariably have poor liquidity leading to wide spreads and rapid price change(if you can get a trade on of course) PLUS penny stocks are a fertile hunting ground for "Pump and Dump" operations (Google it).

Penny stocks usually cost pennies for a reason.
And stop inserting links in your spam(n)

It's all a game of discipline. Some markets like penny stocks demand that you take small profits to make it successfully, while options can work opposite of that.

Otcmarketalerts.com

i'm amazed anyone allows this sort of thing to be promulgated in a beginners thread !

Stay away from penny stocks. It's not a game for beginners (First Steps). Too many sharks out there ready to "pump and dump" on you(n).

heres an FSA guide on Penny Shares:

Penny shares

i'm amazed anyone allows this sort of thing to be promulgated in a beginners thread !

Stay away from penny stocks. It's not a game for beginners (First Steps). Too many sharks out there ready to "pump and dump" on you(n).

heres an FSA guide on Penny Shares:

Penny shares

yes agreed, it's a bit dodgy, he's already got in the mention of otcmarketalerts 3 times out of his 4 posts.

It's a shame because I would really love to short some scam companies. It's not hard to find them but with the low liquidity and high spreads it's a dangerous business. Of course the biggest clue that a company is a pump and dump scam is if it's being promoted here.

If you want to short penny stocks - contact me. I'll help you set up. I'm on the other side of the game - buying as the stock trends up - since it's risky shorting a penny stock.

The trick is to find penny stocks that are being pumped up.

Here's an updated list of penny stocks that are being promoted in December:

Top 20 Most Promoted Penny Stocks in December

It is NOT easy to short the penny stocks - you have to know when the pump is over. If you short too soon without tight stop losses, you can get caught on the bad side of the trade and lose many times your money over. But if you short it correctly, the collapse will provide you with tremendous windfalls.