Anyone need any help?

Lee Shepherd

It's another sunny afternoon. I'm chilling and catching some rays. As the title says. Anyone need any help?

Lee

just popped in from the sun m8.
do you think some people need to stop trading?
eg-traded for 10yrs and lost money-keep no records and bury their heads in the sand?
i had a go yrs ago on a 20k account and made a little but found it stressful and life sapping.
i eventually threw in the towel

just popped in from the sun m8.
do you think some people need to stop trading?
eg-traded for 10yrs and lost money-keep no records and bury their heads in the sand?
i had a go yrs ago on a 20k account and made a little but found it stressful and life sapping.
i eventually threw in the towel

Hi mate,

Definitely for some people. Some treat it like gambling and although there are similarities, they are actually worlds apart. If someone has been trying for many years with countless cash down the drain, I wouldn't necessarily say that's a reason to give up. On the contrary, keep trying and never give up on your dreams. Whatever they may be or how hard it seems. Never give up. Having said that, that doesn't mean to say that person has to keep bleeding cash, paper trade instead. And as always keep excellent records.

We learn from our failures.

Lee

Got some gardening for you Lee if your at a loose end, Im going to make a start anytime now :cry:

Never rains when you want it too...:(

Got some gardening for you Lee if your at a loose end, Im going to make a start anytime now :cry:

Never rains when you want it too...:(

Hi Mike,

I'll be over shortly with the drinks. 🍾😀🍻
Get the barbecue going.

Hi mate,

Definitely for some people. Some treat it like gambling and although there are similarities, they are actually worlds apart. If someone has been trying for many years with countless cash down the drain, I wouldn't necessarily say that's a reason to give up. On the contrary, keep trying and never give up on your dreams. Whatever they may be or how hard it seems. Never give up. Having said that, that doesn't mean to say that person has to keep bleeding cash, paper trade instead. And as always keep excellent records.

We learn from our failures.

Lee

Yes ,I suppose the bucket shops are throwing money at you , for this good work.No harm in earning a honest living.good luck for the great job.

Are you profitable ?Have you any evidence ?Is this a shark baiting new fish?

Yes ,I suppose the bucket shops are throwing money at you , for this good work.No harm in earning a honest living.good luck for the great job.

Are you profitable ?Have you any evidence ?Is this a shark baiting new fish?

Hi Foroom,

Thank you for your reply and welcome to my thread. As is titled I am willing to offer help. If you are in any doubt to my long and continued success with the financial markets then please feel free to do some research on me. You could start with checking out my trading diary. I would however request that you keep on topic and keep it relevant. This is a great forum and a great place for many to come. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

All the best.
Lee

Hi Lee, will you join us in the S&P 500 (cash) weekly comp, you've only missed the first week of this quarter.

Hi Lee, will you join us in the S&P 500 (cash) weekly comp, you've only missed the first week of this quarter.

Hi Cbrads,

Thank you for your kind offer. I see this competition has been going for some time with great success. However, my only competition is me.

Thanks anyway though.

PS: Keep up the good work. The thread has been noticed and not always for the winners.

Lee

It's another sunny afternoon. I'm chilling and catching some rays. As the title says. Anyone need any help?

Lee

I do. My question when to take profit wait for the trade to peter out? Should I wait for price to show its hand and reverse somewhat, losing a bit o'profit or get out while trending still and leave something on the table

Can you help ME?:confused:

Hi Lee

Have you ever traded for or on behalf of someone else such as an investor or via a joint venture? Do you think someone like yourself could turn a good profit trading for someone else with say a £250k bank roll or is that too small?

Mark

I do. My question when to take profit wait for the trade to peter out? Should I wait for price to show its hand and reverse somewhat, losing a bit o'profit or get out while trending still and leave something on the table

Can you help ME?:confused:

Hi Piphoe,

First of all, don't be confused. Now here's the hard and somewhat controversial part. A trade is always set before you place the trade. The most important part is exit, not entry. Contrary to popular belief. If the entry is wrong or a mistake has been made, chop the trade and take the hit. Now here's the fun part: when you make a trade, stick by it. Do or die attitude. Don't listen to reports, news, your friends or anything else that may sway you. F**k em all. More importantly, don't listen to yourself. You make the trade (your bed), lay in it till the end. In other words, follow your plan through. If it doesn't work, evaluate after the event not during.

Lee

Hi Piphoe,

First of all, don't be confused. Now here's the hard and somewhat controversial part. A trade is always set before you place the trade. The most important part is exit, not entry. Contrary to popular belief. If the entry is wrong or a mistake has been made, chop the trade and take the hit. Now here's the fun part: when you make a trade, stick by it. Do or die attitude. Don't listen to reports, news, your friends or anything else that may sway you. F**k em all. More importantly, don't listen to yourself. You make the trade (your bed), lay in it till the end. In other words, follow your plan through. If it doesn't work, evaluate after the event not during.

Lee

YES, thanks! Makes total sense!

Hi Lee

Have you ever traded for or on behalf of someone else such as an investor or via a joint venture? Do you think someone like yourself could turn a good profit trading for someone else with say a £250k bank roll or is that too small?

Mark

Hi Mark,

The short and direct answer is no.

There are so many factors to consider including but not limited to tax, legal issues, compliance, red tape, fees and money management on someone else's behalf. Most of the time the vast majority of my money is sat in a segregated account as would an investors. Only a very small portion is actually used for trading, margin and cover against price movement.
However the question you have asked will be commonly thrown at you once your book is showing years on years of fantastic returns.
If you are an investor looking for a home for some of your cash, try a registered and long established hedge fund.

Lee

Hi Lee,

I'm having a lot of trouble convincing Atilla to swap sides and become a fully paid up patriotic Brexiteer.

Am I wasting my time or is there still hope? (y)

Hi Lee,

I'm having a lot of trouble convincing Atilla to swap sides and become a fully paid up patriotic Brexiteer.

Am I wasting my time or is there still hope? (y)

Hiya mate,

Hope you're keeping well. Its been a long time.

Regarding this brexit thing that everyone's talking about. I'll save that for the pub. From a trading perspective, regardless of the outcome/s, I will be prepared for what I perceive as coming next as and when we do have another recession.

PS: Would be good to here from Atilla at some point. Its great catching up with the oldies on here.

Regards,
Lee

Hi lee.

Whats your view on stop and market orders?
I only use limit orders these days for everything, getting in getting out win lose or draw. I see it as permanently seeking value. If the market is 10 I wana buy 9 / sell 11.
Good to see you back.

Cheers
D

Hi lee.

Whats your view on stop and market orders?
I only use limit orders these days for everything, getting in getting out win lose or draw. I see it as permanently seeking value. If the market is 10 I wana buy 9 / sell 11.
Good to see you back.

Cheers
D

Hi Darktone,

I see you are still contributing well to this great site. :)

I don't use either of these so am not best placed to comment. I will however use alerts so any relevant movement against or for me can be captured. I will then log in if not already (24 hours a day if need be) and go to a smaller time frame chart (ie, 1,2,5 min etc). That way it allows me to trade in the moment and fingers crossed get the best price on top of my exit. In other words, try and be a bit greedy. :LOL:

Sometimes it works, others it doesn't. I'll post up a screenshot at some point just to keep the blog abreast with what I've done this month. As usual though most of the good stuff has to be removed as certain levels are in play. However, it should give others hope and aspirations that making money consistently from the markets is entirely possible.

Cheers,
Lee