Anyone know of an emini future simulator?

sopodo

I am looking for a free simulator for trading emini futures. Not one of those 2 week free trials that you get from brokers. I am more looking for either a lifetime free simulator with delayed quotes or live quotes. Or a simulator where it's free for lifetime with delayed quotes but has an option to pay each month for live quotes, but all in all for it to be a simulator. Is there anything like this around? if not can you please recommend a good simulator from a broker?

Many thanks in advance

thanks for your reply

I was thinking there must be lot's of others that are not broker related which are free for more than the usual 30 day period given by brokers?

I am looking for a free simulator for trading emini futures. Not one of those 2 week free trials that you get from brokers. I am more looking for either a lifetime free simulator with delayed quotes or live quotes. Or a simulator where it's free for lifetime with delayed quotes but has an option to pay each month for live quotes, but all in all for it to be a simulator. Is there anything like this around? if not can you please recommend a good simulator from a broker?

Many thanks in advance

You can get tradestation with live data on a subscription basis but its rather expensive, perhaps over $200 a month with the data. Why dont you just open a very small account with Global and use the sim, I dont think they will close you down if you have a funded account. Apart from that FXPro has a free MT4 sim that never expires, its OK for the e mini S&P and Dow but its doesnt have very good data for Eurex futures.

Also they seem to add a spread to their prices and they impose a minimum stoploss and take profit distance from current price. Not bad for free though.

You can get tradestation with live data on a subscription basis but its rather expensive, perhaps over $200 a month with the data. Why dont you just open a very small account with Global and use the sim, I dont think they will close you down if you have a funded account. Apart from that FXPro has a free MT4 sim that never expires, its OK for the e mini S&P and Dow but its doesnt have very good data for Eurex futures.

Also they seem to add a spread to their prices and they impose a minimum stoploss and take profit distance from current price. Not bad for free though.

Hi pboyles

Many thanks for taking the time to answer my questions in this thread and my other threads. I took a look at the MT4 offered by FXPro and downloaded and installed it. But it seems the demo account from fxpro is only for forex. I know that metatrader4.com say their terminal is for futures and forex.

Ninjatrader?
The engine determines fill probability by including a number of variables including ask/bid volume, trade volume, time (to simulate order queue position) and random time delay for switching between order states.

ameritrade allows simulated trading on think or swim platform

I paper traded with TOS platform for five months before I funded that account. The never reminded me that I should fund the account. It is now my trading platform.

...careful, TOS platform doesn't simulate fills, it gives you them instantly creating a false sense if you're a scalper.

That is not my experience with limit orders. The price must trade at or through your price before they will "fill" a trade. However, no effort is made to determine quantity available at your price compared to your paper trade quantity.

These are one of the several limitations of paper trading. That's why before I move a strategy into full production (serious money) I do some pre-production trading with small money.

That is not my experience with limit orders. The price must trade at or through your price before they will "fill" a trade. However, no effort is made to determine quantity available at your price compared to your paper trade quantity.

These are one of the several limitations of paper trading. That's why before I move a strategy into full production (serious money) I do some pre-production trading with small money.

maybe what I said was misunderstood...you'll get your fill with a limit order however in papertrading for me if the price touches your order it gets filled instantly yet when I trade live it could sit on the price and bounce back and forth several times before filling. Now if the price exceeds my limit order then of course it filled.

maybe what I said was misunderstood...you'll get your fill with a limit order however in papertrading for me if the price touches your order it gets filled instantly yet when I trade live it could sit on the price and bounce back and forth several times before filling. Now if the price exceeds my limit order then of course it filled.

We are in complete agreement.

I used Ninjatrader for a while as well. But rather than the simulated feed, It's just as easy to use a live or a replay feed. Order entry timing and assement of trades can be done statically anyway, so it cant hurt to use a "moving" market of any sort if you're starting out.

thanks for you information here.

Good luck.

I hope I will have a bright future. I want to be a professional football player.

I use TOS all the time. I never found that the fills are automatic, but as with any virtual simulator, it is a little different than real cash. You can also check out Stock Reflex.

Many thanks in advance

Trading Futures, Options on Futures, and retail off-exchange foreign currency transactions involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. You should carefully consider whether trading is suitable for you in light of your circumstances, knowledge, and financial resources. You may lose all or more of your initial investment. Opinions, market data, and recommendations are subject to change at any time

Ninjatrader?
The engine determines fill probability by including a number of variables including ask/bid volume, trade volume, time (to simulate order queue position) and random time delay for switching between order states.

can u simulate order queue ?

Many trade emini futures scottrade futures traders trade these highly preferred trading vehicles each day, occasionally a couple of times each day. You can trade eminis without risking a large capital since trade emini futures scottrade futures brokers can make an account for you with only $3K or less. This can be really rewarding for those who have mastered it so scores of people try their luck in this type of trade.
But what exactly is day trading? For some people, this may be self-explanatory. However, this may not always be so. If you believe that day trading means trading each day, then this is really not the thing. Even though, it’s correct that many daytraders take more than one trade almost each day if not every day, day trading really means a kind of trading that presupposes that you close your position the same day you opened it, that is, by the closing of the daily trading session, which spans approximately the same period as the standard stock trading session. Day traders trading YM should close their positions the latest of which is by 5:00 PM EST since this is the end of the daily trading session of most electronically traded US stock index futures.
There are some good reasons why you want to be out of your position by then. Firstly, once the overnight session begins, which happens right after the close of the daily session, the overnight trade emini futures scottrade futures margins kick in. You may be forced to be out of your position if your account is small since you may not be able to retain it overnight. This is because the overnight session may involve trade emini futures scottrade futures margins that are several times bigger than those permitted for day trading. You would also have problems in fluctuations in the futures markets if you maintain your position overnight since it will be exposed to erratic and turbulent worldwide incidents. It will also be not worth it if you lose your sleep over this.