Anybody got experience of "Bright Trading" or "The Marlin Letter"?

elsaQ

Anybody got experience of "Bright Trading" or "The Marlin Letter"?

Hi everybody

Does anybody have any experience/knowledge, either good or bad, of these two companies.

http://www.stocktrading.com/test/

http://www.themarlinletter.com/

They both look very good. Both are operated by very experienced traders with good pedigree and appear to be genuine.

I would really appreciate any comments specifically about these two companies and the value and quality of what they have to offer.

Many thanks in advance.

E

I actually met Jack Broz (the guy behind the Marlin Letter) when I visited the CBOT in Chicago the other year - i took part in a mock trading session on the floor and he was one of the locals who joined in. A genuinely nice, helpful guy - although whether that also holds true when he's trading real money against you in the pit... :LOL:

He's the real deal floor trader, and he used his own levels published in his letter in the pit, as did other locals there apparently.

Seems like a genuine guy and very knowledgeable - he's also written a ton of stuff in the CBOT online knowledge library.

I dont subscribe to his letter as that sort of commentary and levels are of no use to me in the sort of trading that I do, but there used to be a free trial for it so all i'd say is why not check it out and see if you could use and benefit from that sort of info in your trading.

also, the Bright brothers, of Bright Trading (www.stocktraders.com) are massively successful traders. They run a chain of prop shops across the US.

Don Bright contributes actively at Elite Trader and Bob made $18m exclusively from trading last year and was listed in the Trader Monthly top 100 traders for last year.

elsaQ said:
Hi everybody

Does anybody have any experience/knowledge, either good or bad, of these two companies.

http://www.stocktrading.com/test/

http://www.themarlinletter.com/

They both look very good. Both are operated by very experienced traders with good pedigree and appear to be genuine.

I would really appreciate any comments specifically about these two companies and the value and quality of what they have to offer.

Many thanks in advance.

E

Elsa , Jack Broz is doing a live trading seminar at the Las Vegas Trader Expo next week .

Goto this link , its the seminar sponsored by the CBOT.

http://www.themarketvushow.com/ivtech/pub/article_338.asp

Arbitrageur said:
also, the Bright brothers, of Bright Trading (www.stocktraders.com) are massively successful traders. They run a chain of prop shops across the US.

Don Bright contributes actively at Elite Trader and Bob made $18m exclusively from trading last year and was listed in the Trader Monthly top 100 traders for last year.

I met someone just quit Bright Trading. Seems it takes 4/5 years to be making money but they told people it is easy to be successful to get people sign up (sounds like used car salesmen?). After sign up they are forced to trade with real money & pay for the monthly desk fee. Also there are more $$$ classes to take. No support or mentoring like promised. Most are lossing their shirts & have to fold. That's why they are going after new blood in the EXPOs. Successful trading business like Bright takes good marketing only. Traders need to check their turnover rate before sign up.

trewqa said:
I met someone just quit Bright Trading. Seems it takes 4/5 years to be making money but they told people it is easy to be successful to get people sign up (sounds like used car salesmen?). After sign up they are forced to trade with real money & pay for the monthly desk fee. Also there are more $$$ classes to take. No support or mentoring like promised. Most are lossing their shirts & have to fold. That's why they are going after new blood in the EXPOs. Successful trading business like Bright takes good marketing only. Traders need to check their turnover rate before sign up.

From reading some of Don's posts on ET I highly doubt they would tell anyone that making money from trading is "easy", in fact he seems to be decidedly open about the downside risks.

The same holds true in any arcade or prop shop. Trading professionally isnt easy, otherwise everyone would be doing it.

How long had the ex-Bright person you met stuck at it for?

I subscribe to the Marlin Letter and Jacks squawk box straight from the Pit. Like Arbitrageur said, he's the real deal if this is your style of trading. You can go to his web site and get hooked right up if you are just starting out. He will cut alot of learning pains and lost cash. Hes the kind of guy who will get ahold of you and also gives you his cell number. Dont call till markets close. Plenty of classes every week at different times thru Hot Comm. If you get in thru FBN ( FINANCIAL BROADCASTING NETWORK) you can get a deal for the month, if not its $500 a month with the classes. About half just for his daily letter and squawk box which starts at 7:00 am central time. He trades the bonds, mini dow, 5 year, 10 year and mini S&Ps. This is floor style type trading. Feel free to email me for any more details. Birch49