Any expert's comments on RTR?

ndz

Dear all:

RTR seems going steady at present level. Any comments on its trend because I sold a few months ago below 350p.

Thanks

Reuters has a very high beta (top 3) relative to the FTSE so irrespective of one's view of the stock, if you get the direction of the FTSE wrong, you are in deep trouble. One also has to be aware of the fact that the stock is very sensitive to movements in the US banking sector as those are the company's main customers. In effect, the more bullish they are about hiring staff and expansion the higher the stock flies.

On a fundamental basis, the stock does not have anything going for it unless one believes in jam tomorrow. Poor and patchy profit record; high PE ratio; low dividend cover; competitors taking market share; products too expensive etc. Better left to speculators and traders.

As for the technicals, I leave to the TA experts.

Hi NDZ

Here's my view on RTR

RTR030105.png

The trendline drawn is still the main thing holding the price up. There is a small down trendline through the latter half of December, but I wouldn't expect that to last long.
If the trendline gets broken, then it would be interested to see what happens at 360, as this would complete a Head & Shoulder pattern. :eek:

Just my thoughts

Thanks, my friends

Hi, LION63 and FTSE Beater:

Thank you both comments on this share of rtr. Lion63 mentioned rtr is one of top 3 high beta share. Would you mind telling which other two?

Thanks again
ndz

Ouch!

Why do I always leave myself open to such questions? I cannot for the life of me remember the order in which the top 10 were listed which is why I did not say that Reuters was number 1, so I cannot tell you which companies they are.

However, the following are also in the top 10 -
BT, Pearsons, Amvescap, BSkyB and Reed Elseveir.

Here's an Elliott Wave interpretation of RTR. ( Take a look at the chart)

It appears that we could be relatively near the start of the Wave 5 that started mid-December and should go up to at least 410 and possibly to 485.

Note the typical 5 waves that make up Wave 3.

A close below the end of Wave 4 ( 347 ) would invalidate the wave count.

Attachments

• RTR.jpg
    RTR.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 322
RTR is in stage one, wait for stage two

RTR has entered the first phase of another cycle, we call Indecision.

At some time in the future it will begin to trend upwards (stage two), that's when I'd buy and hold for 20% profit, then sell to a late buyer before it eachs stage three (volatility city man).

Notice the BIG FALLOFF during 2001 and 2002 that's what a STAGE FOUR - FEAR looks like!

Attachments

• RTR.gif
    RTR.gif
    17.6 KB · Views: 350