Any advice on African Copper (ACU)

aitchis

Hi, newbie dabbler looking for a punt & saw a couple of brokers recommending African Copper (ACU) as a buy, with a 42p offer, the broker view is 100p. What I would like to know is how long into the crystal ball do brokers try & look? Is this a long term strategy over a period of years that would take them to this price depending on hitting deposits etc, or are they looking shorter term based on the financials, publised 27-05-05.

Any advice would be appreciated, looks like a volatile share, but I am hopeful they have bottomed out & as they say..things can only get better?

There is an old, old saying in the market " never buy anything from someone who makes a living by selling it" Brokers " sell" research (i.e they hope to get orders from institutional clients and the commission is their reward) Having said that, I have never heard of the share so it may be the best thing since sliced bread, BUT I dont think it's possible to get rich by following the published resereach of a couple of ( presumably ) second tier brokers. Follow your own instincts, research, charts... but make it your own idea.

CityTrader said:
There is an old, old saying in the market " never buy anything from someone who makes a living by selling it" Brokers " sell" research (i.e they hope to get orders from institutional clients and the commission is their reward) Having said that, I have never heard of the share so it may be the best thing since sliced bread, BUT I dont think it's possible to get rich by following the published resereach of a couple of ( presumably ) second tier brokers. Follow your own instincts, research, charts... but make it your own idea.

excellent advice, which I will take on board during my explorations into the markets...... thanks for responding.

If you look at this chat from a technical perspective then it hasn't really got much of an upside case at the moment. However things could change and should we see a move higher through the downward sloping trendline then you could consider the case for buying this stock.

Have a look at the two charts posted. One is a weekly and the other is the daily chart action. Just my quick interpretation. Good luck.

Attachments

• African Copper Daily.JPG
    African Copper Daily.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 463
  • African Copper Weekly.JPG
    African Copper Weekly.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 556
Ive also been looking at African copper as a possible investment. Its definatly a long term thing. Got to wait at least till 2012 to get any benefits, thats if any come at all. Production has already been delayed and pushed back, however witht he shares so cheap I reckon its worth a gamble.

Check if they have any cash, any delays to production will eat into cashflow and thats how a lot of these smaller stocks bow up, great prospects but it takes too long to get the stuff out the ground and the cash runs dry.