An observation

Bill G

92 2
Granville gives the following principles for interpreting the Advance - Decline line:

 When the market average falls while the A-D line is rising the market will turn up.
 When the market rises while the A-D line falls , the market will turn down.
 The strength of such a market rally or reaction will be signalled by how much the price average differs in course from the A-D line, and for how long.
 The A-D line, taken alone, does not indicate precisely when such a rally or reaction will occur, but only that it will occur reasonably soon.
 When the market average approaches a previous top and the A-D line is below where it was when it made that top, the market situation is bearish. If the A-D line is above where was when it made that top, a break through to new highs is imminent.
 When the market average approaches a previous low and the A-D line is well above where it was when it made that low, the market situation is bullish - that is, the previous low should hold. But if the A-D line is below where it was when it made that low, then a down side penetration is imminent.
As a long term investor ( I have been investing for about 30 years) the graph bothers me, as I am starting to commit more cash into stocks. The market is telling me there are more sells than buys on average in the market, the A-D line is
diverging from the Ftsie 100. Do I believe what I am seeing- as TA can kick you up the backside at times.
All the best Bill

Bill G

92 2
The Chart.

Attachments

• ftad1.gif
    ftad1.gif
    62.7 KB · Views: 461

bonsai

Veteren member
4,106 11
I think you can believe what you see.

I have divergence on my chart as well but I have chosen to put my trend line under the lows from April.
When that breaks and it almost has then it may be time to get out ?

But as you know the issue is all about timimg.
Here is a chart of the U.S.
Putting the two stories together is not easy.

Attachments

• nhnl.gif
    nhnl.gif
    17.6 KB · Views: 489

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock