Amplify - Advanced Trading Programme

Nowler

Experienced member
Hey folks,

Have any of you done Amplify Trading's Advanced Trading Programme?

It's a 1 week (5 day) course which offers a level 5 Diploma in Trading & Financial Market Analysis (Accredited by the London Institute of Banking & Finance on completion of Advanced Programme).

The price is what's been stopping me from doing it...
£1,500 (+£300 VAT) for 5 days of education??

I'm already profitable, so there is less value for me, than there would be for someone new to trading.
But at the same time, I do like what I see from them. I would no doubt learn some things from them to sharpen my skills.

But... it's still £1,800 for 5 days... for someone that's already profitable.

Would appreciate some input from anyone that has done it.

It looks like it would help show you what professional traders do at trading firms, but not do much for the retail trader.

We spoke to Will De Lucy, co-founder of Amplify Trading, a proprietary trading firm that also runs trader training courses.
5. Amplify wants students to use its programme as an alternative to a summer internship
“In the summer – through June, July and August – we reserve our training opportunities for students who didn’t get a trading internship and for whom our programme would be incredibly beneficial,” says De Lucy.

Amplify Trading provides a comprehensive training course to develop a good intuition about the markets. At the end of the course you should be fully equipped with strong foundation how to create your own trading strategy and you will understand the importance of fundamental analysis and WHY it is the cornerstone of understanding financial markets.

1598663834008.png

I haven't done it, my only comment would be that the offer which is littered with spelling and grammatical errors is ill equipped to teach that subject. I would then question the validity of any documentation provided at its completion
if you're profitable, become more profitable and save your money

It looks like it would help show you what professional traders do at trading firms, but not do much for the retail trader.

Are you confusing the Professional Programme with the Advanced?
I am only interested with the Advanced at this point.

The Advanced programme has a schedule for each day. Below is an example of 1 day:
  • 0800 Morning Briefing
  • 0830 Q&A Zoom Call
  • 0900 Psychology Intro with Will
  • 1000 Trading/Psych Exercise
  • 1200 Lunch
  • 1300 Trading
  • 1500 Art Of Backtesting & Journaling With Alex
  • 1600 Daily Wrap
I expressed my concerns about the decreased value for me due to already being profitable.
He said that they would be able to somewhat tailor my learning as I will already understand some of it... but £1,800 is still a bit steep.

I haven't done it, my only comment would be that the offer which is littered with spelling and grammatical errors is ill equipped to teach that subject. I would then question the validity of any documentation provided at its completion
if you're profitable, become more profitable and save your money

Spelling and Grammatical errors wouldn't be a problem for me.
If they were claiming to teach me English, then I would be concerned :giggle:

The last thing you mentioned is a fair point though.
Yes, I'm profitable, but I certainly have room to improve.
Some direct guidance from a team of professional traders could do wonders for my trading.

I was hoping someone here had some experiences of the programme and could give me their opinion of it.
Oh well...

Are you confusing the Professional Programme with the Advanced?
I am only interested with the Advanced at this point.

Yes, one of the links was specific to their Professional Trader Programme. But the last link and screen shot was about the Advanced Trading Programme which looks to me like a subset of the Professional Trader Programme.

And here another screen shot from https://www.amplifytrading.com/traders comparing their courses with conventional college.
1598749117999.png

I think they are saying their 5-day online class is equivalent to two years of college. If so, that is a big red flag because it seems unlikely a five-day course can go into as much depth as two years of college (at least not the kind of college I attended a long time ago in the U.S.).

Yes, one of the links was specific to their Professional Trader Programme. But the last link and screen shot was about the Advanced Trading Programme which looks to me like a subset of the Professional Trader Programme.

And here another screen shot from https://www.amplifytrading.com/traders comparing their courses with conventional college.
View attachment 286906

I think they are saying their 5-day online class is equivalent to two years of college. If so, that is a big red flag because it seems unlikely a five-day course can go into as much depth as two years of college (at least not the kind of college I attended a long time ago in the U.S.).

I think they just mean the level 5 diploma you get from the Advanced programme is attained by completing studies that have the equivalent difficulty of the material you would learn in 2nd year of Bachelors degree.

I am still sceptical though...
1 week to learn about trading psychology, fundamental analysis, technical analysis, risk management, trade management, trading the news...

Unless we are missing something here?
Maybe the week is just learning... then we have to go off and study it and then take an online test when we are ready?? That would make it more believable.