American women traders meet up here!

How many women are around here who trade commodities? I got my start last year, and continue to trade with a guy I met while RVing. He's a great coach, and we discuss the markets a lot. But I was wondering if there are any ladies I could market chat with. I trade mostly soybeans, soymeal, corn, and wheat so far.

Let me know you're out there trading, ladies!

MrsTrader

I sure hope there aren't too many. It's a painful thought. It sounds like this RV-driving guy is winner outside of trading, that's important, trading is a great hobby like betting on horse races or playing slots.

How many women are around here who trade commodities? I got my start last year, and continue to trade with a guy I met while RVing. He's a great coach, and we discuss the markets a lot. But I was wondering if there are any ladies I could market chat with. I trade mostly soybeans, soymeal, corn, and wheat so far.

Let me know you're out there trading, ladies!

MrsTrader

Oh dear! Has international Women's Day finally brought the "Wimmins" movement to T2W?

Oh dear! Has international Women's Day finally brought the "Wimmins" movement to T2W?

I'm all for it, but it is kind of discriminatory in tone. I've never found any friendly and engaging conversation from any traders at all. I haven't gotten to the point where I'm ready to discriminate based on sex or nationality.

I'm all for it, but it is kind of discriminatory in tone. I've never found any friendly and engaging conversation from any traders at all. I haven't gotten to the point where I'm ready to discriminate based on sex or nationality.

No? I thought your first post was rather unfriendly.

Agree. I'm only interested in what people have got to say. Don't care who they are, what they are or where they are. The old days of recognising people for their merit, expertise or intellectual rigour seem to be gradually slipping away. (I suppose I'm firmly in the Grumpy Old Gits Brigade now (y) )