Alpari

Does anybody have any experience with Alpari broker? I would like to open a micro account in near future, but don't know which broker I should choose. Alpari (UK) | Forex (FX) Brokers | Online Forex Trading Company

Hi phenomenon, I've been with Alpari for about 4 years now.

- withdrawals have been timely with no fuss, although I did once have to re-submit a request as my signature had 'evolved!' which is fair enough.

- do sometimes get re-quotes in a fast moving market when using market orders, but this is just a fact of trading

- have had slippage both positive and negative, although not very often at all.

-they did once reverse a loosing trade with no input from me. It was a limit order and I was away for the trade so I don't quite know what happened- must have been a price spike or something. Anyway point being that it did give me confidence in them.

- their platform is very reliable although it has frozen once or twice on big news events, however I don't actively trade the news so this doesn't affect me.

So all in all I'm happy enough with them.

- best of luck

Hi phenomenon, I've been with Alpari for about 4 years now.

- withdrawals have been timely with no fuss, although I did once have to re-submit a request as my signature had 'evolved!' which is fair enough.

- do sometimes get re-quotes in a fast moving market when using market orders, but this is just a fact of trading

- have had slippage both positive and negative, although not very often at all.

-they did once reverse a loosing trade with no input from me. It was a limit order and I was away for the trade so I don't quite know what happened- must have been a price spike or something. Anyway point being that it did give me confidence in them.

- their platform is very reliable although it has frozen once or twice on big news events, however I don't actively trade the news so this doesn't affect me.

So all in all I'm happy enough with them.

- best of luck

Same here have been with alpari uk for the past 5 years with no maor issues

goodluck

Hey guys just wondering about the Alpari spread betting, they say it's NDD but is it really, does anyone know for sure that it's NDD and if so how many liquidity providers they have and whether the size of your trade matters, i have heard that if your trade is small some NDD brokers might not pass it through to a liquidity provider they just process it themselves(market maker). And lastly with their ECN account, again is it really ECN supposedly there is a lot of brokers claiming to be ECN but are really market makers.
Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I have been trading with Alpari for two years and I've not had any issues with them as a company. There can be slight slippage every now and again but it's not the end of the world.

They are very good at communication - if you call them there's always somebody to help.

B

Hello,

I have been trading with Alpari for two years and I've not had any issues with them as a company. There can be slight slippage every now and again but it's not the end of the world.

They are very good at communication - if you call them there's always somebody to help.

B
Hi btate, thanks for the reply. I did open a demo account with Alpari using of course the Metatrader, and found it to be a lot better than what I was previously using(CMC Markets). I opened the CMC account about a year ago when i wasn't really that knowledgeable about the types of brokers. I don't know how other people on here feel about dealing desk market makers but personally myself I don't trust them and CMC is of cousre a market maker(n). Another thing as well is that i am in 2 minds on whether to open a Spot FX account or another SB account. Alpari only offer the MT4 platform for their SB accounts but they offer the MT5 with their ECN account, decisions decisions. Funnily enough I have just got off the phone with a rep from ActivTrades, nice guy, and they offer the MT5 platform for their SB accounts and the rep assured me that they are 100% no dealing desk. Also they have 12 liquidity providers 2 of which are Citigroup and Deutsche Bank. What type of account do you use yourself btate and do you know whether Alpari are 100% NDD and how many liquidity providers they have.

I have a standard account myself. I would quite like to upgrade to their Pro account as it has many benefits but I believe there's a min account value of £10k.

And from what I gather they use "over" 10 liquidity providers.

They are very very professional, they double and triple check your identifications to prevent fraud. Though it does lead to some nuisances, but it is for your own good.

Spread wise they are somewhere in the middle.