Alpari MetaTrader Demo Accounts

Sigma-D

Established member
I have MetaTrader running in demo on an XP machine, one running on Vista and one on Windows 7. All through the Alpari demo-pro server. I know Alpari regularly cull accounts for which there has been no trading activity (demo) within the last 30 days, but this week, on the Windows 7 machine, I have ‘account disabled’ every time I fire it up.

Even after submitting an order, next time I fire it up, same thing. It’s easy enough to re-register, even with the same details, but it’s a pain in the ass. Anyone else having this issue?

I ran NVP's correlator on alpari mt4 for approx 6 months on windows 7 laptop, never once had to re-sign back in.
Dont think it will be a win 7 issue, more like cookie settings or a "clear history" setting .

I have MetaTrader running in demo on an XP machine, one running on Vista and one on Windows 7. All through the Alpari demo-pro server. I know Alpari regularly cull accounts for which there has been no trading activity (demo) within the last 30 days, but this week, on the Windows 7 machine, I have ‘account disabled’ every time I fire it up.

Even after submitting an order, next time I fire it up, same thing. It’s easy enough to re-register, even with the same details, but it’s a pain in the ass. Anyone else having this issue?

Hi Sigma-D,

Demo accounts are disabled if there’s been no trading activity on the account for 30 days, or if the personal information provided to open the account is inaccurate or incomplete.

Should this not be the case, could you please e-mail us your details at [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick
Alpari (UK) Representative

Hi Sigma-D,

Demo accounts are disabled if there’s been no trading activity on the account for 30 days, or if the personal information provided to open the account is inaccurate or incomplete.

Should this not be the case, could you please e-mail us your details at [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick
Alexander, that's simply not the case. If you believe it is then I suggest you talk to whomever in technical is rolling out this slash and burn on accounts.

I set up a new account with all valid data. Opened charts, made a trade. Logged out. Logged back in later that same day and the account had been disabled. This has happened to me on 5 further occasions (before I gave up).

A couple of colleagues also have attempted to do the same thing. Valid accounts are being disabled within hours of being set up.

Alapri Lost Their Way

After years of allowing demo accounts to run virtually unmolested and unhindered for years on end, for reasons best known to themselves, and at a time when server costs, storage and bandwidth have become virtually cheap as chips, Alapri have decided to get really unbearably, irritatingly, annoyingly precious with their demo accounts.

Does anyone on t2w have any suggestions for data suppliers via metatrader that can be trusted to let us get on with the business of trading (albeit on demo) rather than have to engage virtually full time in the business of setting up new demo accounts which get clobbered a few hours later?

A new twist in the Alpari downward death spiral is that they have either lost all their servers or have commenced targeted blocking of IP addresses of demo users to prevent them re-registering.

For any newcomers looking for a broker upon which to base their trading success I'm going to suggest very strongly they consider using one which takes a less antagonistic approach to its potential client base. I also expect the social media will play a large part in expanding the outrage genuine demo users such as myself will be feeling at such a dismissive and wholly unhelpful strategy. I know I'll be doing my bit.

A new twist in the Alpari downward death spiral is that they have either lost all their servers or have commenced targeted blocking of IP addresses of demo users to prevent them re-registering.

For any newcomers looking for a broker upon which to base their trading success I'm going to suggest very strongly they consider using one which takes a less antagonistic approach to its potential client base. I also expect the social media will play a large part in expanding the outrage genuine demo users such as myself will be feeling at such a dismissive and wholly unhelpful strategy. I know I'll be doing my bit.

Hi Sigma-D,

Your statement is patently untrue. New demo accounts are being opened by people every minute of the day.

IP addresses are blocked only as a last resort. We only take this step when clients abuse the system either by opening large numbers of demo accounts, or flooding the server.
Demo servers have finite space, and we choose to prioritise the use that space for people whose contact details appear genuine.

Alpari is the only broker that offers non-expiring demo accounts. All we ask is that the details that are provided in return for this free service are genuine. That does not seem to be an unreasonable position.

If you would like us to investigate this further, could you please provide your demo account numbers with your contact details. We’d prefer you use the email address with which you registered the account.
We’ll be happy to help.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick

Hi Sigma-D,

Your statement is patently untrue. New demo accounts are being opened by people every minute of the day.

IP addresses are blocked only as a last resort. We only take this step when clients abuse the system either by opening large numbers of demo accounts, or flooding the server.
Demo servers have finite space, and we choose to prioritise the use that space for people whose contact details appear genuine.

Alpari is the only broker that offers non-expiring demo accounts. All we ask is that the details that are provided in return for this free service are genuine. That does not seem to be an unreasonable position.

If you would like us to investigate this further, could you please provide your demo account numbers with your contact details. We’d prefer you use the email address with which you registered the account.
We’ll be happy to help.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick

Demo accounts are disabled if there’s been no trading activity on the account for 30 days,
which is it? 30 days inactivity, or non-expiring..they can't be both.
Seems to me that Sigma D does have a point.
I was thinking of moving to Alpari, I may not bother now.

which is it? 30 days inactivity, or non-expiring..they can't be both.

Hi Malaguti,

Thank you for your post.

Demo accounts on MT4 (except MT4 Pro) and MT5 don’t expire if you keep trading. Your MT4/MT5 Demo accounts will remain open indefinitely, unless you’ve not logged in to your account for a period of 30 days.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick

Hi Malaguti,

Thank you for your post.

Demo accounts on MT4 (except MT4 Pro) and MT5 don’t expire if you keep trading. Your MT4/MT5 Demo accounts will remain open indefinitely, unless you’ve not logged in to your account for a period of 30 days.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick

so they're not non-expiring then...thanks for clarifying that.

Does anyone on t2w have any suggestions for data suppliers via metatrader that can be trusted to let us get on with the business of trading (albeit on demo) rather than have to engage virtually full time in the business of setting up new demo accounts which get clobbered a few hours later?

Admiral markets