Advice for Stock Broker Trainee Interview

Backspace

3 0
I have an interview this Tuesday with an company for a stock Broker Trainee in NY. The company is willing to sponsor the required test for qualified applicants.

I have no experience other than reading financial literature over the years and reading various books on companies financial statements ETC and a macro view on economics.

My current job is in the Fashion Industry.

I really would like to land this job. I have more of an Entrepreneur mindset.

They say the turnover rate is higher than Mc Donalds. Is that true?
I also read that if you say you are willing to work 12 hours a day they would hire you.

Can anyone provide insight to a stock broker trainee and the day to day work?
What is the interview like?

Thanks

Backspace

3 0
They seem legit, they have been in business for at least 75 years.

I'm just nervous about the interview and changing careers, because I heard its high turnover rate. I might be wrong.

I heard its best to try and pitch your sales skills at the interview.

Backspace

3 0
Just make sure the company is legit, and not a scam boiler room operation.
I just had the interview today and it went well. It definitely was not a boiler room operation. He said they are independent and I would be doing a lot of cold calling. The only catch is, that I would be sponsored for the test. If they sponsor me I would have two options.

1. Quit the the job I am working at (where I am making a descent salary) and make $250.00 per week until I get the license.

2. Keep my job and train for a few hours after work until I pass the exam.

He cautioned me about switching industries because its extremely difficult being a stock broker.

My question is...is it worth it?

Are there any successful brokers that can advise or anyone in similar situations?

anley

2,730 229
Doing a lot of cold calling = ****ty firm and ****ty job.

Proper firms don't need to cold call. Plus, it's not hard being a stockbroker, believe me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock