Ads not displayed...

bluetipex

Hi

I'm on Windows XP SP3, IE 7.

For years, ever since I've been on T2W the 3 sections of the T2W pages where ads are supposed to be displayed just show am error message saying "Internet Explorer cannot display web page" So I've never seen any advertisements. No matter what settings I adjust in my Internet Options, advanced.

Anyone got any ideas? Other web sites ads are restricted too, not just T2W.

Cheers

Hi

I'm on Windows XP SP3, IE 7.

For years, ever since I've been on T2W the 3 sections of the T2W pages where ads are supposed to be displayed just show am error message saying "Internet Explorer cannot display web page" So I've never seen any advertisements. No matter what settings I adjust in my Internet Options, advanced.

Anyone got any ideas? Other web sites ads are restricted too, not just T2W.

Cheers

You can't see ads and you're complaining? Count yourself lucky!!

Are you viewing the website through a proxy (e.g. at work?) - or perhaps your security settings are set very high and ie is filtering them out.

Lol!!

I'm not too bothered about not seeing ads really of course, but it would be nice to have it under MY control.

No, this is my home laptop, and the security settings are set to default (medium-high).

I thought it might be my firewall, which is Online Armor, but played with all the settings on that too to no avail...

You can't see ads and you're complaining? Count yourself lucky!!

Are you viewing the website through a proxy (e.g. at work?) - or perhaps your security settings are set very high and ie is filtering them out.

You will probably find that your hosts file in windows/system32/drivers/etc has a bunch of ip addresses that include the advertising sites. I don't know how you achieve that by accident --- people work hard to keep them up to date normally.

The best solution is to install Firefox 3.04 Then go to the add ons. And add Adblock Plus. This not only takes the adverts out but removes the unsightly adverts without leaving IE's nasty blankish spaces. Removeitpermanently can also be used to remove the nasty lists at the end of pages that adblock won't remove.

Note my version of this page.

Attachments

• top.gif
    top.gif
    37.4 KB · Views: 239
  • bot.gif
    bot.gif
    30.2 KB · Views: 279
Good grief!!!

That sounds like using a hammer to crack a nut!!

Installing Firefox so that I can see ads!! I think I'll do without them.

This is how my page is displayed...

You will probably find that your hosts file in windows/system32/drivers/etc has a bunch of ip addresses that include the advertising sites. I don't know how you achieve that by accident --- people work hard to keep them up to date normally.

The best solution is to install Firefox 3.04 Then go to the add ons. And add Adblock Plus. This not only takes the adverts out but removes the unsightly adverts without leaving IE's nasty blankish spaces. Removeitpermanently can also be used to remove the nasty lists at the end of pages that adblock won't remove.

Note my version of this page.

Attachments

• New Microsoft Word Document.doc
    177 KB · Views: 428
ok. Renamed my hosts file in dos, and now all my ads are displayed as normal!!