Add US$ Index to MT4

asimpleplan

Hi, anyone know how to add the Dollar Index to MT4?

I've got a demo account with FXCM using the MT4 software but when I go to symbols the dollar index doesn't appear.

Hi, anyone know how to add the Dollar Index to MT4?

I've got a demo account with FXCM using the MT4 software but when I go to symbols the dollar index doesn't appear.

Hi simpleplan,

You can find the dollar index listed as USDOLLAR in the Market Watch window. If you don't see it listed in the Market Watch window, goto the top of the platform and click on View > Symbols. In the Symbols window, scroll down and select USDOLLAR, and then click on the Show button. This should make the USDOLLAR symbol appear in the Market Watch window.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jason

Gee, I never thought to look on google or youtube.

Attachments

• us$index.jpg
    us$index.jpg
    373.3 KB · Views: 388
  • us$index1.jpg
    us$index1.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 517
Hopefully those screenshots show I've understood your instructions but unfortunately I can't see the USDOLLAR symbol anywhere.

In the second screenshot I've looked in every folder but it's NOT there.

Hopefully those screenshots show I've understood your instructions but unfortunately I can't see the USDOLLAR symbol anywhere.

In the second screenshot I've looked in every folder but it's NOT there.

Hi simpleplan,

The screenshots you posted do not show an FXCM demo. You will need to register for an FXCM MT4 demo and download FXCM's MT4 platform to get access to the USDOLLAR index https://www.fxcm.com/uk/mt4-trading-demo/

That will solve the problem :)

Jason