About to dive in!!

J Zee

Hi people,
Right I have finaly made my mind up to risk some cash at this old game of trading fx.
I've got my books and played with a few platforms in demo for most of the last year. Fair results. Enough to be making on average between 200 and a 1000 us a day. + losses. I have done this by mainly reading all the signals from all the techies on all the related sites as soon as they are posted. late nights and very early mornings. I then make judgements around the pivot point based on the info recieved.
I have settled on fx solutions.com to run my ac as I find that I get on with their platform the best. The question I have that I hope one of the experienced traders in this market on these boards will answer, is this. Is it wise to hold an account in usd or should I opt for a Uk based platfrorm and if so ,which one?
Alsooooo...If you had to buy a bible on tech analysis as a newbie who doesn't have a degree in math or ecconomics which would it be.
Thanks for yourhelp as and when it comes .
I shall keep y,all updated on my success if any.

Hi - I noticed your post and thought I'd reply.

I also trade forex and was wondering what sort of strategy you trade (intraday, daily, etc.) - maybe we could compare notes?

My strategy is intraday trading the 4 majors.

Cheers

Damian

J Zee

if you've demo'd a few broker platforms & come down on the side of your current one, then stay with it!....you obviously like the layout & it sits right with what you want to achieve, yeah?....long as it fills you on stops/limits etc & you experience little/no slippage, then you can't really complain. Regards US/Sterling a/c....worry bout that when you're racking up the pips :) can always open a sterling broker a/c. Don't possess a 'tech' bible, sorry.....don't even have a prayer book, so someone else will have to guide you on that one.....I have heard tell Mr Murphy's (John Murphy - Tech Analysis of the Fin Mkts) bible is highly regarded, but can't comment personally!.....have a good snout around this site, particularly the FX threads....amazing what you can unearth among all the snippets, good hunting!! ;)

ps: pop into the Forex room if you have a spare minute or two (enter via the home page - live chat), one or two regular traders in there on a daily basis....ask questions, obtain feedback etc..... :D

Last edited:
Hi J Zee and good luck.

Still paper trading myself but making headway.

Which sites are you using for Techy it's a area I should be looking at

Martin

marthart said:
Hi J Zee and good luck.

Still paper trading myself but making headway.

Which sites are you using for Techy it's a area I should be looking at

Martin
Candlestickshop.com is quite interesting But at the moment I'm reading Tech analysis by J Murphy + The study guide Books are the way I believe. Plus of course just about every site I can find.
Good Luck we need it too.