about opening range breakout

ZDO

193 26
ronfalcone said:
so I've heard. I just might update my Prophet subscription to include NQ and ND and try using them. Certainly won't hurt.

thanks
re feeds -NQ is enough.

Later,

zd

timsk

Legendary member
7,022 1,847
ronfalcone said:
so I've heard. I just might update my Prophet subscription to include NQ and ND and try using them. Certainly won't hurt.
I've been with Prophet for some time now and very happy with them until I received my last bank statement which indicated that they'd taken rather more than usual from my account. When I queried it with them, they replied saying that they'd put their prices up. An annual increase is to be expected - but not at 25% and taken without informing their customers in advance? I'm not impressed! (Seesound - apologies for ranting off topic!)
Tim.

spunkyblonde

84 0
seesound said:
"opening range breakout" is based on the notion that the early time in the session tells much to us about the sentiment of the market.

However many futures almost do not have the "opening range". They are tradable almost all around the clock. In such cases how the "opening range breakout" can be applied? or just exclude these markets when using this method.

Thanks in advance.
THERE A PROBLEM i get stoped out reguarly

ZDO

193 26
spunkyblonde said:
THERE A PROBLEM i get stoped out reguarly
spunkyblonde,

Stop using that strategy! It only works when you’re not trading it… :confused:

Actually:
how are you determining your stops?
are you reversing at your stop?
do you use the same strategy any and every day?

zd

OpenMind

129 12
DBPhoenix started two excellent threads on the Elite Trader site called 'Keeping It Simple' and 'Keeping It Simple 2', journaling his NQ trades using a very simple ORB strategy based on price action and trend-lines. Anybody serious about trading futures intra-day (or anyone trading using price action) should benefit by reading them.

The links are:
http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11410
http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15110

Last edited: