A pointer of where to start! Spread Betting et al....

jeffguru

Hi,
I have always had an interest in financial markets but have had little time to really explore the literature.

I am really looking for a couple of good books to introduce me to spread betting and indeed a wider intro/in-depth guide to financial markets in general....

I am a technical person having spent too many years in I.T - I have long harboured a dream to get into SB but have always seen myself as too old or inexperienced to even try. I am now casting out those fears and looking for a couple of tomes to get my teeth into and really start the marathon pursuit of knowledge and experience necessary to make any success of a new field...

Any introductory advice welcome!

Jeff

hello Jeff :) you could pop into the 'First Steps' section of the board & have a look at the guide at the top of that section, and maybe wander into the 'Basics of Trading' thread (also in there).....navigate it by way of the Home Page, then into the "View all Boards" icon mid way down the home page......I'm sure you'll find that a decent kick off point.

There really is everything you could wish to find in the index section, just pick a thread & away you go....if you're looking a particular topic, simply punch the header into the search box & hey presto!........good hunting ;)